Chapter 12

Next morning...

Neil got up and noticed the time. He woke up way before he usually does. He sighs and goes back to sleep but not before giving a glance at Avni. He moved his head towards the other side of the bed and saw that Avni was missing. He immediately got up and checked the bathroom but the door was open and no one was inside.

N: Where did Avni go and that too 5 in the morning?

He went downstairs and checked everywhere but could not find her. He started panicking.

N: No..no... Avni can't leave me..... No she ww...ww.won't. She is here only. Haan....
She is not like my family....She'll not leave me.....she's the only one I have....

Nooooo!!!!!!!

And he woke up screaming and panting hard. Avni got up and gave him a glass of water. He gulped it down in a go. She rubbed his back in order to calm him down.

A: Shh... Sab theek hai..
She said wiping his tears.

He just kept his head on her lap and took her hands and motioned them to and fro indicating her to run her hands through his hair. She gently did that and with her other hand she rubbed his arm.

A: Again that dream?

N: Hmmm...

Avni sighed and placed a kiss on his cheek.

A: You know I'll never leave you.
Neil nodded his head and held her palm tightly.

A: You've got to open up Neil. Till when will you do this to yourself? You need to talk to me. I lov...

Before she could continue he got up and again went to sleep in his previous position.

N(in mind): Your words make me weak Avni. If I'll talk to you then you'll know how weak and vulnerable I am then you'll also leave me like THEM. Everyone likes the company of a strong person, no one likes to be close to someone who is as weak as I am.
Tears flow down his cheeks and he covers himself completely with the duvet, letting sleep consume him completely.

Avni on the other hand felt bad for him. She knew he ignores her for a reason but she doesn't know what those reasons are. She wanted him to let her in and fight his fears but he is being stubborn. She sighed and wiped away her tears. She smiled remembering that he behaved so cute, lying in her lap and making her run her hands through his hair.

She lied down and looked at him, all covered in a duvet. She kept staring him until she slept.

#########

Avni woke up to a bright light. She saw Neil still sleeping in the duvet. She gently removed the duvet off his face and the sight shattered her. His face had tear marks, she rubbed his cheeks in order to clean them but Neil got up.

A: uh..  I was waking you up. Remember we have a meeting, Mr. Khanna.

N: Sure. Remember I don't appreciate late comers.
He said and went to get ready.
Avni huffed.

A: Again, he tried to boss around. Huh... What does he think of himself? The jealousy treatment is better for him.