Chapter 7

Avni is in the kitchen cooking dinner. She was very disturbed and was having severe headache due to crying. She was making biryani for dinner. She felt as if she's just a servant who serves her master whole day, gets scolded and still sticks to doing her work. Although Neil never forced her to do the household chores on her own but this was just a way of distraction for her.

She made the dinner and started setting up the dining table.

A few moments later, Neil entered the dining room. Avni sensed his presence but avoided to look at him. She was very well versed with his ignorance but him shouting at her made her completely afraid of him. She scared to look at him. Of course , she didn't let it show on her face but deep down she scared of Neil's new avatar.

On the other hand, Neil was looking at Avni with guilty eyes. He knows that she's hurt but his mind is overpowering his heart. He wants to hug her and take away all her pain but his mind is warning him not to do so. In all these years, Neil has noticed Avni sticking with him through thick and thin which has made his mind believe that come what may she'll always stay with him. But showing her his vulnerability would weaken him.

A: Neil! Why aren't you eating?

N: huh..
He came back to reality.
.
N: just thinking about a deal.

Avni closed her eyes in disappointment over the fact that he's always thinking about business. Neil noticed that she wasn't having food. Instead, she just kept on drinking water. He knew she must be having a severe headache due to all the crying. He asked for her forgiveness in mind.

N: Won't you eat?
Avni was shocked with his question because he never really talks on the dinner table.
Has he ever talked?Her mind said.
Now that he has asked, answer him you dimwit. Her heart said.

A: I'm not hungry.
She said and walked upstairs.

Her headache was getting unbearable. She needed sleep. She was emotionally drained. She wanted to just hug Neil and let go off her pain. But how can she do this when he himself is the reason behind her pain. She laid down on the bed and some past memories flashed.

Flashback:

A: Neil!

N: What happened Avi? Why are you looking so pale?
He said cupping her face.

A: My head is aching.

N: Awww... Come I'll heal you.
He pecked her forehead lovingly.

He made her lay down with her head on his lap and patted her head till she slept.

*********

Neil watched her walk upstairs and dropped the spoon on the plate. His vision got blurred with tears and he cried hiding his face in his palms.
Moments later he composed himself and lifted his plate and transferred its contents back into the bowl.
Well, how could he eat when his love slept off hungry. He felt frustrated on himself for not being able to comfort her, show his love to her.

He walked upstairs and slowly entered their room so as to not make any noise. He saw her sleeping with creases on her forehead. He tiptoed to her and sat on the floor closer to her face. He caressed her hair and placed a soft kiss on her forehead.
The creases smoothen. He smiles.

N: I'm sorry jaan! I love you.

He patted her forehead for sometime and then went on to his side and slept.

🐼🐼🐼🐼🐼🐼🐼🐼🐼🐼🐼🐼🐼🐼🐼🐼