Chapter 22

Well, its a new morning, a fresh day with the sun shining bright. Avni just came out of the washroom and got startled when she saw Neil with breakfast in his hands.
She smiled.

A: What is this Mr. Khanna?

N: Your husband special breakfast Mrs.Khanna.
He said bowing down.

Avni chuckled.

A: Special treatment and all haan... Not bad. Trying to get brownie points?

Avni asked wriggling her eyebrows.

N: Neil Khanna doesn't need any brownie points when he has his wife beside him, who infact is more delicious than a brownie.
He said huskily grabbing her waist.

Avni made a scrunched up face.

A: Eww... That's too cheesy. You've lost your charm Mr.Khanna.
She said pushing him away and grabbing a toast for herself from the coffee table.

N: I know....
He mutters under his breath but enough for Avni to hear.

She turns around and looks up at his face filled with guilt and sadness. Her heart pained to see his state. He has always been master at hiding his emotions due to the walls built around him. But as always, he'll never let anyone else see his inner turmoil. He'll hide, he'll run and do everything just to hide his vulnerable side as someone who is related to him as his "FATHER" mocked him his whole life for being a weak person just because he loved to express his thoughts and emotions. Its that day and today that everything about him has changed. His whole being as a human has changed.

For a boy who always admired and loved his father to hate the same father to such an extent isn't a short story. Its deep, conflicted,emotional, hurtful, painful and what not.

After a long time, he was being himself again and now he is back to those dark alleys which her heart feared would take him away from her.

He needed to be healed, loved and cherished and that is his medicine. HER medicine.

She wanted him to be the same carefree guy who she fell in love with. Her first meeting with him is still as fresh as new.

Flashback.....

8 years ago,

Avni was taking her first nervous steps in her new college. She has always been bad at making new friends not that she already had many. In fact, she had no friends at all and the one that she had left her long ago when she was a little girl.

She was walking through the lush green lawns when a ball hit her and she fell down with her books scattered here and there.
Everyone stood there laughing at her.

She felt humiliated, scared, angry and what not. She just wanted to run away from there. Her vision turned blurry due to the tears filled up in her doe shaped eyes. Her knees hurt as they got bruised when she fell down. She closed her eyes letting her tears fall down. She opened them hearing a voice.

A VOICE which was smooth, comforting ,caring and warmth filled.

"Stop it guys! Instead of helping her you guys prefer laughing at her. It could be any of you."

She saw the man to whom these words belonged to. A handsome face filled with concern and honey brown hazel orbs that could melt any stone. He forwarded his hand to help her.

As if her hands automatically went into his warm ones and he helped her up. He picked up her books and handed them to her with a smile on his face. She hissed as she held them as her hands were bruised as well.

"Next time be careful. We usually play in the field during this time"
The boy said sweetly.

Avni nodded her head and turned to move when the bruise on her knees hurt her and she hissed in pain.

"Sunno"

She heard the same voice which spoke in her defence a few moments ago. She looked at  him and the next moment found herself in his warm embrace.
He whispered in her ears,

"Bebe kehti hain ki ek jadoo ki jhappi sab theek kar deti hai"

He then moved back and winked at her, picked up his ball and ran off to his team.

She stood there baffled taking in everything that happened a few moments ago.

..
...
.....

.
.
.