Chapter 9

I am confused with Neil's behavior. In the morning, he didn't attend office then all of a sudden he showed a little bit of concern.
Now, all of a sudden he's turned into a lunatic. He's being so tough to understand.
He was better being the Silent Soul only.
He's being so choosy and so irritating.

There is a business associate of his coming today for dinner and he's making the whole staff go crazy along with me. He's made the poor cleaning lady clean the floor of the hall at least 10 times. Her face was a scene to watch when Neil told her that she needed to clean again. It seemed as if she'll rip his head apart. I had to intervene in order to curb any further commotion.

N: When was the last time you cleaned the hall,huh?

Servant: Sir. Ma'am does the cleaning and other stuff on her own. She just sends us to do the chores outside the house.

A: Neil.,. Listen...

N: You listen Avni.
He gestured the servant to leave.

N: Why do you need to do all the cleaning and cooking? There are servants for this purpose. I'm paying them for our comfort. Then why are you hell bent on doing everything on your own?
He said a little frustrated. He never wanted her to work like a maid. He wanted her to live like a princess, his princess.

A: Then what should I do?

N: What do you mean? Sit and relax. Enjoy yourself.

A: So easy for you to say...(chuckles)
Neil was taken aback. Avni never talked with sarcasm in her tone.

N: Matlab?
He asks in a low tone.

A: Do you realize that its necessary for me to do all the household work in order to keep myself busy. You know I was never the one who can sit back at home and do nothing. Its just not me.
She said in a low voice afraid that she'll break down. Although, this wasn't the only reason but a part of it.

He looked at her. Yes she was someone who wanted to be independent and work. Four years ago she left everything because she wanted to give our marriage sometime. But all of a sudden, she said no to working again with her dad as her bhabhi was creating problems.

N: Fine. You are joining office from now onwards. I'll get the papers ready as soon as possible.

A: I don't want any special treatment. I'm not gonna take advantage of the status of being your wife.
She said looking down.

N: It's final Avni. You are joining and that it. I don't want you to do all this stuff. Do something that is worth your talent. And yes you are going to get the special treatment of being my wife.

A: But...

N: Stop being stubborn Avi!
And he walked out.

Avni could not speak anything because she was stuck on the last word AVI.
Neil used to call her Avi whenever he wanted her to do things as per wish which was an impossible thing. She was a woman of her own words.

A: He can impose himself on me by showing rights of a husband but he can't give me the rights of being his wife.
She said as a tear left her eye. But this time it was more because of anger than sadness.
She never liked being commanded and Neil had pressed the final nerve.

Neil came back and clicked his fingers in front of him. She looked at him.

A: What?
She said gritting her teeth.

N: This is the file regarding our company's business associates. I want you to go through it. Well, tonight you'll meet your first client. But remember whatever happens, the final decision regarding any deal will be taken by mine. This client is really important and you need to convince him any how. That's your first task.
He said in a bossy tone.

A: Anything else Mr.Khanna?

N: This will do for now.
He said and left glued to his phone.
Avni felt like punching him straight on his face, now it didn't matter if he was her husband or not.

A: How dare he boss around me?
She huffed. She opened the file and smirked on reading the clients name.

A:Interesting... Game on baby!! You are so gonna regret this.
She said smirking.