Chapter 3

I was deep drowned into my beautiful past when  a phone call brought me out of my thoughts. I saw the screen 'Neil❤'- his name flashed. I immediately picked up the call.

A: Hello

N: Avni there is a party tonight thrown by one of my  clients. I'll pick you up at 7. Stay ready and dress well. Do you have any dresses or you want me to send some?

A: Will you go shopping for me?
I asked with a little hope.

N: No. I'll send my manager to do that.

A: It's OK. I have dresses.
I said sadly.

N: Fine.

He cut the call. He talked to me finally. But that too because it was regarding his client. He really didn't care about me anymore. He was ready to send another man to choose clothes for his wife.
He's definitely changed.

I enter my wardrobe and go through the dresses that I own. While I was checking them out, I found a red off shoulder dress which was a gift from my mom. I looked at it and smiled. My mom rarely gifted me anything and when she did it was a special one.

I picked it up and went to take a shower. As the warm water streamed down my body, I felt relaxed. Doing all the household chores when you've lived like a princess your whole life is definitely tiring.
I stepped out of the shower, wiped my body and slipped into the dress.

I looked at myself in the mirror and admired myself. I was looking way too thin than my actual size. But when your heart is not happy, it just shows on you. You can cover the effects of it on face by makeup but bodily changes cannot be covered.

A tear slipped down my cheek. I wiped it quickly.

I'll never let you cry Avni...

His promise was broken. He made me cry.
A stinging pain rises in my heart and I try to calm it by rubbing my hand on my heart. I take deep breaths. Finally, I feel some relief.

I sat down in front of my dresser and started blow drying my hair. Then, I picked up my curl iron and curled them. I did my makeup after that. Believe me, I live on a constant dosage of concealers and foundation to look presentable forget about looking beautiful.

Finally, I'm done with everything and I look up at the clock. Its 6:55. Neil would be here any minute. I slipped into my heels and went downstairs.

As I entered the main hall I noticed the driver standing there.

Driver: Ma'am Sir called me up to drop you at the hotel.

Avni: OK.
I was disappointed. He didn't come.
I thought he'd pick me up.
My heart said.
But he didn't. I told you he is not interested in you anymore. He's more serious about his extramarital affair with his business .
My mind chided.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆