2. Water [REWRITTEN]

--Rion but with green eyes for better imagery--

[Name] felt good.

Really good.

Like unbelievably good.

Imagine getting a full night's sleep on top of knowing tomorrow was going to be a vacation. Yeah, that's the life [Name] was living right now. Sure, she could be preparing for the next protagonist, but life was momentary and there was no way in hell she would be a responsible young lady over a break.

The antagonist already had her whole schedule planned out: eat, sleep, and sleep. She was finally gonna live her furry dream of becoming a cat and there was nothing that could stop her.

...

...

That was until a certain "caretaker of the house" entered the kitchen with bed hair that belonged to Oscar the Grouch and a metaphorical baggage a little too bulky.

This was that story.

____

Today was a lazy summer's day. Cicada's buzzed in a synchronized hum, while the sun's glaring rays warmed up the house to temperatures comparable to the sun. Every window was wide open to allow the cool breeze to circulate through the building. They could turn on the AC, but they were too broke and the broke life meant the sweaty life.

Just yesterday, it was the middle of spring with its cool weather. However, everyone paid no mind to this anomaly. Time worked differently in their world; it was inconsistent and complicated due to the concept of 'time-skipping.' One day it would be Christmas with its fat snowflakes falling from the sky, the next day cherry blossom petals would make up fifty percent of the air.

Time-skipping was important, but the consequences were quite annoying.

Currently, some red-faced individuals were gathered in the living room—the room with the most windows—to cool off. The stress from Honey's mission evaporated along with the disintegrating cherry blossoms. It was as calming as an ASMR video.

The TV was airing the latest episode of Doki-Doki-Vampire-Werewolf-Love-Show <3; a show that was an absolute banger. [Name] and Nari clutched onto every line, fully invested in the storyline. Leo, despite reading his second book, occasionally peeked at the screen. Even Lumi, who was in the kitchen fixing drinks, was watching. The only person not watching was Keo, who fell asleep after pulling an all-nighter gaming binge.

A surreal sense of peace lingered in the humid air, distorting reality into a fantasy where only the stars can hear the breaths of the sleepless. The world seemed to delicately dance on the border between chaos and tranquility as the promise of vacation lightly floated in the air.

Unfortunately, peace was momentary in a home composed of eight hormonal love interests and an antagonist who most likely yee'd her last haw eons ago.