21. Orae

When I searched up 'blue haired anime boy' the first result is Aladdin

When I searched up 'blue haired anime boy' the first result is Aladdin. Thanks Google. 

____

The first thing Leo woke up to was not the flickering of a broken lightbulb nor was it the cold concrete floor but, instead, a simple hum— the type you sing to yourself during a sleepless night. Its clear but hazy notes bounced off the walls in a chaotic order, building on itself and adding layered depth. The melody rose and fell like the black waves after a storm—serene— but the voice was chilling like the whisper of a mourning ghost.

It was hauntingly beautiful.

Groggy eyes observed the unknown landscape before him: it was familiar, yet nothing was defined. Harsh blacks danced with blinding whites in ways only the formless could, blending together until there were no set boundaries.

Was his bedroom always this gray?

In trying to rub the sleep out of his eyes, he found his arm refused to budge. Every movement he made only resulted in the soft clinking of metal on metal. Glancing up, Leo noticed two silvery circles around binding him to a metal pole. His arms helplessly suspended in the air.

That was when Leo sobered up.

The gray blobs that once filled his vision began to sharpen— corners and texture formed as the image of a gray, windowless room formed. A single lightbulb illuminated the dingy room, casting shadows into the corners. It swayed slightly as if dancing to the wistful song that echoed off the dull walls.

The song!

It was then he noticed the presence of a girl to his left. Her knees were hugged close to her chest as she hummed her charming song. A long and elegant finger traced circles on the floor, seemingly waiting for the universe to give her excitement. Brown locks cascaded down her shoulders, shining in a way only hair oily enough could. A red and white fox mask rested on her porcelain face, magically not muffling her unique voice. Crystal.

Memories of the bathroom and a strange sleeping gas flooded his head in crashing tidal waves. A burning sensation formed in his chest which spread a sour taste in his throat. Panic and fear clouded his normally rational brain as he silently, yet frantically attempted to take off the cuffs.

The humming abruptly stopped, and Leo feared the worse. Did she hear him? He slowly turned his head only to be met by the fox mask's empty eyes peering into his soul.

He looked at the mask. He looked at his handcuffs. He looked back at the mask.

How. Extravagant.

That was when Leo's flight or fight response activated. The love interest aggressively shook the restraints, desperate for anything; the metal merely rattled against the pole. Are you frying his rice? Are you seriously buttering his toast??? Are you flipping his pancakes????