4. My First Kiss

Cole

Have you ever had that feeling that you've made the wrong decision, and that something bad was going to happen?

Well I had that feeling in spades right now.

Natalie had resorted to actually physically dragging me towards the house.

"Come on Cole, it won't be that bad," she tried.

"It is already," I said, listening to the loud music booming out of the house in front of us.

"Look," she said, suddenly turning to face me and grabbing both of my hands, "I promise that I'll not leave you on your own, and if after an hour you still hate it, we'll leave. Deal?"

I wanted to scream 'Hell No!' and run in the opposite direction, but I knew that wasn't being fair. Natalie was trying her best with me, and so it was only fair that I did the same.

"An hour?" I repeated, just to make sure.

"Yes, an hour," she replied.

"Ok, it's a deal," I said, holding out my hand for her to shake.

Natalie broke out into a grin and shook my hand before linking her arm with mine.

I took a deep breath as we entered the house.

I looked around in surprise. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Sure there were a lot of people, but there was still plenty of room. And although a few people were dancing, most just seemed to be stood around having what looked like civilised conversations. Maybe this wouldn't be as bad as I thought it would be.

"Look out!" someone screamed as a watermelon came flying across the room. It landed about a meter away from me, and promptly exploded like a bomb.

Watermelon went flying into the air and splattered all over everything within a five meter radius. Including me.

I stood there, frozen, my arms outstretched like a scarecrow as juice and bits of melon slid down my face and body.

"Oh shit," Natalie said as she emerged from behind me, after using me as some sort of human shield.

Other, I presume more drunk guests that had been splattered, were whooping and cheering in amusement.

I did not feel amused.

Probably reading my thoughts, Natalie grabbed hold of me by my wrist and dragged me off upstairs and into a bathroom. She rooted round in the cupboards until she produced a washcloth and after running it under the warm water, handed it to me, with a guilty look on her face.

"Three months," I muttered through clenched teeth, while I started to clean myself off.

"What?" she asked, her face scrunched up in confusion.

"I've raised the price for coming," I replied. "You now have to promise not to make fun of me, or intentionally make me blush for three months, not two."

"Done!" she replied eagerly, probably just relieved that I wasn't that mad.

We made our way back downstairs and over to the kitchen to get ourselves a drink. I wasn't that keen on alcohol, but resigned myself that seen as I was at a party, I should at least have one. Natalie handed me something that was blue and in a bottle. It didn't look great but it the taste was sweet and not so bad.

Natalie soon found a group of people she knew and dragged me over to meet them. She told me their names but I promptly forgot. I'd always had trouble remembering people's names. But still, it was nice to be included.