43. Going Out for Lunch

A/N.  This chapter is just a bit of fun I've thrown in for you all. I really wanted to know what it would be like to get the whole gang together in a social setting. Turns out it's rather tense!! Also, I've tried to answer some questions that some of you have asked throughout the story. Anyway, enjoy!

Joel

We spent a full 24 hours together in that room. Let's just say we more than made up for lost time.

It was only a persistent buzzing of my phone that eventually managed to pull me out of the Casper love bubble that I'd been wallowing in.

I leaned over the side of the bed and pulled my phone out of the back pocket of my discarded jeans.

Luna: If you can finally extract all your body parts from my brother, what time should I expect you?

I chuckled at the text.

"Who is it?" Casper asked.

"It's your sister, she wants to know what time we're picking up Lyra and Orion."

"What?" Casper said, sitting up suddenly, his eyes wide and afraid.

"Hey, hey, it's ok," I said, feeling his anxiety run through me.

"But their Emily's," he said, still looking at me warily. "Are you not bothered?"

"Do I look bothered to you?" I said, maintaining eye contact.

"Well no, but how can I be sure?"

"Casper, we're mates," I said chuckling, "can you feel any anger or resentment? Because I can feel your anxiety and lack of trust."

Casper jolted slightly, his head tipping to one side. "No, but I can feel your disappointment. Because I don't trust you? Oh god Joel, I'm sorry! Of course I trust you."

I chuckled and opened my arms as he crawled back into bed and snuggled into me, burying his head in the side of my neck.

He began trailing little kisses down my neck, over my collar bone and across my chest.

I let out a moan of pleasure.

This only seemed to spur him on as he rearranged his body so he could start kissing down my stomach, stopping briefly to swirl his tongue inside my belly button.

I could feel myself growing needy once more.

"Casper, stop," I said, pulling his head up before he could go any further.

Casper looked up at me with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Oh come on Joel. You know you want to," he growled out seductively.

"It's not about what I want," I replied back, my voice slightly raspy from the desire that he'd managed to awaken....again. "It's more a matter of what our bodies can take."

"Oh come on, I've taken the worst of it," he said, going back to planting little kisses around my waist.

"Yes, but you're bigger than me," I pointed out, leading him to burst into laughter.

I took his momentary lapse in concentration to roll him over and jump out of bed.

He stopped laughing abruptly.

"Hey, where are you going?" he asked, his face now fallen and sad.

"I'm going for a shower," I said with a smile, "then I'm going out for lunch with Mark, Lyla, Jamie, Nathan and Cole, and then I'm going to Luna's to pick up Lyra and Orion so we can spend some time together."