18. Robo-wolf

A/N.  An extra chapter for you today as I couldn't leave poor Cole like that for two days!!!

Percy

I'd walked home. It would have been quicker to turn into my wolf and run through the fields, but I quite enjoyed walking around the neighbourhood at night.

It was a fairly safe area so there wasn't anything to be frightened of. Especially when you could turn into a wolf.

I was just walking up the driveway of the Hall when my phone vibrated in my pocket. I pulled it out to see a text from Nathan.

Nathan: Go to Cole. He needs someone right now.

I sighed as I did a 180 turn on the driveway and started walking back in the direction I had come.

Percy: On my way.

I knew it had been wishful thinking on my part to think that Nathan wouldn't know I was there. The man had a nose like a bloodhound.

I broke out into a run. I wasn't going to change into my wolf here on the streets, but I could probably make it back to Cole in less that 10 minutes if I ran.

I guessed that Nathan might have told him something, but exactly what I wasn't sure. Was Cole freaking out because Nathan had told him he was a werewolf, or was he upset because Nathan was his mate? Or worse, had Nathan actually rejected him to his face?

I made my way through the woods, keeping an eye out for Cole. I couldn't see him where I'd left him. Maybe he had gone home.

I concentrated hard and tried to catch his scent. It wasn't that easy for me, seen as he wasn't my mate.

I eventually caught the smell of something human and followed it out of the woods.

I saw him then, sitting on the grass just a few meters away. He was hunched over, but seemed ok.

"Cole," I said, walking over to him.

His head snapped round to look at me, and I cringed at the sight of his swollen eyes. My cuts and scrapes had already pretty much healed. The perks of being a werewolf.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

"Percy? Oh thank god!" he said, "I thought I was going to be here all night!"

I cocked my head to one side, and sat down next to him. "Why?"

"Because this is my good eye," he said, pointing to the swollen eye.

"And what's wrong with your other eye?" I asked.

"No one knows, but I can barely see out of it. In daylight I can make out shapes, but in the dark it's pretty much useless."

"Oh my god, so Nathan left you here knowing you couldn't see?"

I knew he was heartless at times, but I didn't think he was that bad.

"No," Cole said, shaking his head, "I didn't tell Nathan."

"Why not?" I asked in disbelief.

"Because sitting here all night was preferable to having to sit in awkward silence in his car as he drove me home. Plus he would have had to help me to his car, which wouldn't have been fair on him."

"Wouldn't have been fair.......what are you talking about?" I asked, not quite sure how Nathan wasn't coming off as the bad guy here.

"Well he and I are.......wait, has he not told you?"