27. I've Got You

A/N  Warning: Some violence in this chapter, but the descriptions are not graphic.

Cole

I opened my eyes to see a big grey wolf sat next to me.

It didn't scare me anymore. It was amazing how quickly you could become familiar with something so out of the ordinary.

I really felt like I'd got to know Emily a lot over the passed two days. She told me about what it was like being a werewolf, and she told me a lot about her family, especially her two cubs and of course Casper.

She really did love Casper, I could tell, and it seemed that despite the obstacles they'd had to overcome, they were doing really well together.

That was why I'd kept my little bit of information from her.

It didn't take me too long to put the pieces together and figure out that Joe was more than likely the Joel that she talked about.

He told me about falling in love with his boss, which could easily be switched with his alpha, and he also talked of him marrying a woman from a rival company, which of course was actually a rival pack.

And also, the way she described him, with his dimple that appeared when he smiled, and his hazel eyes that seemed to burn with gold when he was happy.

I was itching to tell her that he was alive and well, but I was also worried about what that might mean for her and Casper. Did Casper ever really get over his feelings for him?

As the day wore on, I could see that Emily was starting to look tired. She was physically stronger than me, and capable of withstanding more than I was, but this was being severely tested, by the lack of food and water she was being given.

I did my best to slide food to her when no one was looking, but I knew that it wasn't enough and she was starting to look decidedly weak.

I think we had both begun to feel that we were never getting out of this place, and it was getting us down. So I decided that maybe I could cheer her up. Maybe it would be the distraction we needed to get us through today.

"Emily, how would you feel if you found out that Joel was still alive and someone could tell you where he was?"

There was no harm in testing the waters a little.

Emily shrugged. "I'd be relieved to know that he's alive. Maybe Casper would stop feeling guilty."

I could tell by her casual expression that she didn't think I knew anything.

I could tell her.....

Maybe I shouldn't though......

But if it was me, I'd want to know.....

Yes, I think it was only fair. It would be up to her if or when she told Casper.

"Erm, Emily, I need to tell you something."

She turned her head towards me and looked at me curiously.

"Ok," she said, giving me a nod of encouragement.

"Well, the thing is," I said, looking at anywhere but her, "I think I might know.."

A gunshot fired in the air outside making us both jump up in surprise.

This was followed by raised voices shouting, but I couldn't tell what they were saying.

Emily quickly moved forwards and put me behind her.