30. A Front Row View

Cole

Having all these emotions suddenly appear without warning was at best unsettling, and at worst downright frightening.

I couldn't believe that Nathan, the guy who I always suspected had a heart of stone, was projecting so many emotions into me that it was almost overwhelming.

I tried my best to stay calm, just in case he could feel my emotions too. The last thing he needed was to be able to feel me freaking out as well.

Once we got home, my dad had some phone calls to make, but he gave me strict instructions to be ready for some questions in an hour.

I led Nathan up to my room, and sat on my desk chair. The urge to just flop onto the bed was strong, but I was well aware of how gross I was after not showering for two days.

"Will you be ok if I just go and have a quick shower?" I asked Nathan.

"Of course," he said, smiling.

It was weird. His expression said that he wasn't bothered at all, in fact I'd go as far as to say he thought the question was stupid, but the short jab of anxiety I felt when I asked the question, certainly wasn't mine.

"I'll be as quick as I can," I replied, grabbing a towel and heading into the bathroom.

"Take your time," he said.

I chuckled as I closed the door behind me. I guess this bond had its advantages. At least I would never have to second guess how he was feeling.

I quickly jumped into the shower and began scrubbing myself frantically, trying my best to get rid of all the filth from that horrible dingy place.

I was only 6-7 minutes tops, but already I started to feel lonely.

Was that my emotion or his?

I quickly flung my towel round my waist and headed back out, into my bedroom.

Nathan froze when he saw me, and I realised he had probably spent the whole time pacing back and forth in my room.

I watched as his eyes slowly tracked down my body, and I felt my cheeks start to heat up when I realised I was effectively stood there half naked in front of him.

"Wow, you're beautiful," he murmured.

My face must have resembled a tomato by that point.

I quickly grabbed a t-shirt and slid it over my head, while mumbling, "no I'm not."

"Hey," Nathan said, striding over to me and taking hold of both my shoulders firmly. "You are beautiful Cole. To me, you're the most beautiful thing in the world."

I felt my knees go wobbly and I had to concentrate on just staying upright. No one had ever said anything like that to me before, and coming out of the lips of a man like Nathan, was nothing short of unbelievable.

I squirmed in his grasp, unable to help but feel embarrassed by the attention.

"You're cute when you blush," he said.

Here we go again.

"But I'm sorry for making you feel uncomfortable." He then pulled me into his chest so my face was hidden from view.

My embarrassment was immediately forgotten as a warm feeling spread throughout my body and a huge smile made its way onto my face.

After standing there for a few moments, Nathan pulled back and went and sat on my bed.