^-^

It was a bit after 10 in the evening as Changbin felt his phone buzz in his pocket. He was reading a book like every evening and it wasn't unusual that he received a message, but none of his friends usually texted him after 10 o'clock since they all knew that he read from 10-11 in the evening. So who could it be?

He saw that it was a notification from his messenger app and got curious. He had signed up there a few months ago to look at other people's profiles just for fun, but had never texted someone before and no one had texted him before.

Aussieboy.

Sounded interesting.

Australia? He's never spoken to someone from Australia before, which made everything even more interesting. Changbin usually wouldn't reply, but he was just so incredibly curious. He knew the foreigner probably wasn't that good in Korean, and even if he (Changbin assumed that the person was male) was, Changbin still wanted to improve his English.

Changbin inhaled and exhaled deeply before opening the chat.

10:17 pm

Aussieboy
Hey :^)

Dark_Binnie
Hey OoO

Changbin had just picked up his book again as his phone made a buzzing sound. Seemed like the other was quick to reply. Changbin sighed and picked his phone up after putting his book aside. He had to admit that he was excited to talk to a foreign stranger, though.

10:18 pm

Aussieboy
How are you? ^^

Aussieboy
And thank you for replying :)

Dark_Binnie
I'm good, what about you?

Aussieboy
I'm very fine ^-^

Changbin liked the way how the other used emojis all the time.

10:22 pm

Aussieboy
May I ask where you are from?  ( ˙꒳​˙ )

Dark_Binnie
I'm from South Korea

Dark_Binnie
I guess you're from Australia?

Aussieboy
Yeah (^人^)

Aussieboy
Your English is good (◕‿◕)

Dark_Binnie
You think so? I'm still learning

Aussieboy
It's really good, don't worry (⌒‿⌒)

Aussieboy
How old are you? (>‿<)

Dark_Binnie
I'm 17, and you?

Aussieboy
Me too (≧U≦)

Dark_Binnie
I like the emojis you send

Changbin didn't know why he texted that, but it felt right.