35.

i was so proud of myself, like i had so much work that i finally finished. my video was now out on youtube. i was so excited, my first performance was coming up and i was too excited.

"you coming with me?" i asked clare as he laid on the bed.

we were at the hotel in atlanta, i had to perform there in a couple of days but right now i wanted to go get my baby for the day.

"nah, i ain't about to get involved it ya baby dad drama" he slipped off his slides.

"clare .." i looked at him out the side of my eye.

he looked at me.

"come with me." I begged, he just continued to say no.

i didn't really doubt him because i knew how august would react, he would probably try to fight him idk.

"i'll be back then." i said leaving back out finding my way to my mama's house.

i called her just to make sure that he was there with her.

"hello?" she answered.

"hey ma, cj there?" I asked putting one hand on the steering wheel.

"no baby.. august just stopped by to get him. you should have told me you were coming i would've kept him here" she said as i slightly rolled my eyes.

"ugh, do you know if he's going home??" i asked.

"he said they were. I miss you. how have you been though?" she questioned me

i made a U-turn and went toward august's house.

"i've been doing good lately actually, i know you miss me, i miss you as well. I'm gonna come see you soon, i've just been really busy" i explained as i sped down the road.

I had her connected to the aux so her voice filled my car while i drove

"i know baby. you're making it. how's new york? you like it there?" she asked.

"I love it, it's so different. like the people, the music, food, the driving, everything" i spoke through the phone.

"but mama, i'll maybe call you later. I just pulled up at august's. I love you." I said before hanging up the phone after we said our goodbyes.

I parked on the side of the road and got out of my car. It was two cars parked in the driveway but i surely didn't care about that.

I knocked on the door and for some odd reason, the girl that claimed she was pregnant by august a while back opened up the door.

"can i help you?" she rolled her eyes.

i tried so hard not to go off on that hoe today!

"who is dat?" i heard august yell out behind her.

when he saw me his eyes got big and he stepped in-front of her.

"what you here fa?" he asked looking down at me.

"MY son." i said not even wanting to look at him.

"mommy!" he ran up to my legs as he seen me.

"hey baby.. mommy missed you." I said hugging him the picking him up kissing him.

"where's his seat?" i asked august still looking at cj.

"in my car, let me get dat fo you." he said grabbing his keys and taking his seat out of the backseat.

i seen him walking to my car but i stopped him.

"i got it." I dryly said.

I honestly had nothing against august, i honestly didn't care what he had going on with her, and i didn't have a problem with him having my son around her. but as long as she doesn't mistreat my child then everything good.