Media

POV: Sherlock

"We need to go out today Sherlock."

"Are they gone?"

"I dont see anyone Sherlock. You have a case, remember?"

"Of course."

We have been officially married for a week now, but the newness hasn't worn off with the press yet. To them we are the next shiny thing to be attacked every time we step out of the flat. Disgusting really, how many of them come to the door asking for interviews. John managed to convince me to eat a small breakfast, though I would have preferred not to. Lestrade has finally called us in for a case, though he sounded reluctant to be asking us specifically.

"Are you ready?"

John tosses me my coat and scarf on his way out the door. I catch them and slide into my coat, tying the scarf around my neck. We step cautiously out the door, not a soul is around. John hails a cab, sliding in quickly.

"Its the newlyweds! How are you two enjoying marriage so far huh?"

I glare at the driver, effectively shutting him up for the rest of the drive to the station. We have to wade through a sea of reporters when we get there, John not letting go of my hand the whole time. Lestrade opens the door and snaps it shut as soon as we are through, muttering about the reporters.

"Bloody crazy you two."

"Not our division."

John hides a laugh as I snap at Lestrade, I'm already on edge today without him being stupid. John asks a question, repeating it when I don't respond.

"Where are the files?"

"In the back somewhere."

"No shit Sherlock."

"Fuck you Watson."

"Please do."

Lestrade sits down hard in his chair, blushing fiercly. I sigh in annoyance, but burst out laughing when I see the stupid grin plastered on Johns face. He gets up to grab the files when I snap at him again, leaving me and John alone.

"Should take him a few minutes at least."

"Why?"

"Because they are right here."

John pulls a case file off of the desk behind him, smirking as I stare at him in disbelief.

"Figured you could work without his stupid comments for a few minutes."

He kisses me before sitting on one of the chairs to help me go through the files. We finish just as Lestrade comes back, obviously not to what he expected. I go on to explain what we found, telling him to go check out certain things. We leave promptly and are immediately flocked by the press. John keeps a firm grip on my hand as we try to shove our way through the people, trying to keep me calm. I can't loose it in public, not in front of the cameras. There are too many people, John realizes this because he starts making his way to the edge of the crowd. We are engulfed by the swarm now, barely any room to move. My claustrophobia is kicking in alongside my anxiety, both sending me into a state of flat out terror.

John holds me close as we try to make it to our cab. The swarm of bloody people gets tighter as I lose my breath. There are flashes and everyone is talking loudly. I start to shrink into a protective ball as John starts yelling and trying to get the horrible people off. My hands are over my head as John manages to get me into the cab. I huddle on the seat as he slams the door shut behind us. I yell as he tells the cabbie our address. He moves me over into his lap and rubs my back, trying to calm me down.