Guess What I Did

I answer my cell, taking the call to the hallway.

"Mr. Holmes?"

"Yes. Who is this?"

"You got it. The house, its yours."

"Pardon?"

"The sale just went through, you can move in as soon as the next two weeks."

I am shocked, the house wasnt supposed to sell for another month at least.

"I have to go, message me or call me back if you have any questions. Ill get you set up for a signing, what day works best for you?"

"Tomorrow. At noon."

"That works, where can we meet?"

"Ill message you the address. See you tomorrow?"

"Yes. Goodbye Mr. Holmes."

The line goes dead, so I slip my cell into my pocket. John and Mycroft are deep in conversation when I walk back in, both looking up when I sit down on the sofa.

"Hey, what was that?"

John walks over, leaning over the back of the couch.

"I have something to tell you."

He knits his eyebrows, frowning as he moves to sit in his chair.

"Is everything okay?"

"No. Its more than okay. I did something while you where gone, and I just got my phone call."

Mycroft smiles, he knows what I am talking about. Its the one thing no one has talked to John about yet, I made them promise not to tell him.

"What did you do?"

"We got it."

"Got what?"

He stops frowning, expression soon turning to joy.

"You mean...you really..."

"Yes. I got one. You already saw it, on my computer. I thought you liked it, so that was the one I bought."

He hugs me, starting to cry suddenly.

"This is amazing Sherlock!"

"I just got the conformation call, we can start moving by the end of the month."

We sit together until the door opens; Mrs. Hudson and Lestrade walk in, followed by Molly.

"Are you three okay?"

I look around to see that we are all grinning, though Mycroft is better at hiding his joy than John and I are.

"Sherlock did it."

"He did what?"

Mrs. Hudson turns to me, looking concerned.

"The house, he got it."

"Oh boys, that's wonderful!"

John hugs me tightly, kissing me lightly on the cheek. Everyone sits down eventually, chattering away excitedly. John falls back onto his arm chair, tugging on my shirt and pulling me to sit on his lap. I lie my head back against his shoulder, pulling back up when he shifts.

"I love you."

He kisses my neck softly, lips barely touching my skin. Someone switches on the telly, everyone slowly falling asleep. Mycroft and Lestrade are lying across each other, Lestrades chin on Mycrofts head. Molly and Mrs. Hudson leave as I am falling asleep, closing the door softly behind them. I close my eyes, feeling Johns arms slide around my waist before I finally go to sleep.

"See you later William."

I slowly open my eyes, seeing that Mycroft is standing beside me. He kisses my forehead lightly before moving away, taking Lestrades hand. The door shuts softly behind them, leaving John and I alone again. I carefully stand from the chair, careful not to wake John, and walk slowly into the kitchen. I set the tea to boil, setting out enough for two people.

"Sherlock?"

"I'm in here. Made you tea."

"Can you help me please."

"What's wrong?"

"I...I cant get up right now."

John sits back a little more when I walk into the room, reaching his hand up to me.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"I...yeah. It just hurts."

"Have you taken your meds yet today?"

"No. I didn't...have time."

He is breathing heavily, words broken by sharp gasps of pain.

"Ill go grab them. Stay right here."

"No Sherlock. Just...help me up please."

I gently slide my arms around him, guiding John up to stand against me.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Help me to the kitchen?"

He leans on me heavily, arm around my waist as I help him into the kitchen.

"Sit here, ill grab your meds."

"Thanks."

I pull his meds out of the bottle, filling a glass with water before making my way back to John. His breathing has evened out, though the pain is coming in waves. He takes the pills from me, swallowing them quickly.

"Hey, I'm going to be okay. Dont look at me like that."

"Like what?"

"You look absolutely terrified. Everything is okay, I'm slowly weaning myself off the meds."

"You couldnt stand up John. That is serious."

"I'm fine, it was just that I fell asleep in the chair and couldn't push myself back up again. My shoulder is still screwed up, I'm far from healed. Its going to be okay though Sherlock."

He stands painfully, leaning against me.

"Come sit down in here, ill turn something on the telly."

We walk to the couch, John grabs a blanket to wrap around us. I find the remote control, turning on Breakaway and settling in comfortably next to John. He lies his head against my shoulder, snuggling against my side. I lace my fingers through his, wincing when he absentmindedly begins tracing his fingers in a circle along the inside of my wrist. After a few seconds I realize he is zoned out and wont notice what he is doing, so I pull my hand away from his.

"Are you okay?"

He looks down and realizes what he was doing, grimacing when he remembers.

"I'm sorry."

"Its fine."

I push closer to him, curling into a ball as I fall asleep. He is running his fingers through my hair again, trying to make me relax.

"Go to sleep."

He laughs lightly when I push my head closer to his fingers, whatever he is doing feels good.

"Do you like that?"

"Yes."

I fall asleep as he continues playing with my hair, both of us comfortable and content for the moment.

End of book two.

I have a third addition to the fanfic (The Final Chapter) so be sure to check that out if you enjoyed the first two.