Calm Down

Sherlock is still going crazy, yelling when Mycroft runs into the room.

"What's going on?"

"I don't know, just help me."

He crouches by our side, reaching out to touch Sherlocks shoulder.

"Sherlock? Listen to me, you need to calm down."

I keep holding him, running my fingers through his hair and feeling him relax a bit more every time I do it.

"Keep doing that, I think he's calming down. What happened to him?"

"I dont know, he started yelling about an hour ago. I tried to wake him up, and he fell out of the bed. He grabbed a knife, I'm not sure where he had it hidden. I called you as soon as I got it away from him."

Sherlock is holding me tightly, making my shoulder burn.

"Hey, are you okay?"

He presses closer, still holding onto me. I dont move more than a few inches, leaning against the wall. It hurts, but I cant have him freaking out again if I accidentaly move. Mycroft gently pries us apart, carrying Sherlock back to the bed once he falls asleep again. I stand, accepting Mycrofts hand to help me up.

"Do you need me to stay tonight?"

"Do you think he'll be okay?"

"I'm not sure. Did you make him take his meds?"

"Yes."

"I think that's what happened, the mix of drugs isn't a good one. He started using again after you left, I couldnt stop him for that long of a time."

"I know. He told me."

Sherlock sit up again, panic stricken and confused. I quickly pull his head to my chest, fingers running through his hair in an attempt to calm him.

"John?"

"Yeah, hey its me. Are you okay?"

I let him go, watching him struggle to decide if he wants to stay or leave. He eventually sinks back down, head pressed against my chest.

"Mycroft..."

"Yeah?"

"Can you grab us the blanket please? Its cold."

"Sure."

He drapes the comforter over my shoulders, helping me wrap it around the two of us. Sherlock presses closer, curling into a ball in my lap. He whimpers softly when I shift my weight, pressing himself uncomfortably against my body.

"Shhh...you're okay Sherlock. Relax, try to go back to sleep. I've got you, you're safe right now."

He hasnt stopped shaking, checking every few minutes to make sure I am still here. Mycroft slowly makes his way out of the room, switching the lights off on his way out.

"Get some sleep, both of you. I'm staying tonight, so come get me if you need anything."

Sherlock finaly moves, about an hour after Mycroft leaves. I shift so we are lying down, resting my head against his shoulder. He lets me get semi comfortable, though he doesn't let go of my hand.

"John?"

"What's wrong?"

"Tell me a story."

"About what?"

"About later."

"Later when?"

"Our house. And Hamish and William."

I smile sadly, this is what we did when he was in the hospital.

"Well, we need a house first. One in the country, in the silence. We will get a dog, maybe two. Hamish and William can grow up there, in peace. Away from the city. No problems, nothing to worry about..."

He falls asleep as I am rambling, finally relaxed as I run my fingers through his hair again. I let myself go to sleep, pulling the comforter tighter around us. Sherlock is watching me when I wake up, lightly mumbling to himself. He stops when I move, pressing my lips lightly against his neck.

"Morning my Otter."

Sherlock groans, lying his head back against the pillows.

"What happened last night?"

"Your drugs didnt mix well with your meds."

I cant keep the hurt out of my voice, he hears it and winces.

"I...I'm sorry. I didnt mean for it to happen."

"I know you didn't, I'm just disapointed."

He starts crying, trying to hide his emotions from me.

"I'm sorry, I didnt mean it like that Sherlock."

"Yes you did. I deserve it."

"No, you dont. I shouldnt have snapped at you."

I hold his hand tightly, tracing circles along the inside of his wrist. He shudders, pulling away.

"Sorry."

My voice is soft, words muffled against his neck. He kisses me lightly, hugging me gently. I try to sit up a few minutes later, groaning when I fall back against the bed. Sherlocks head appears above me, eyes full of concern. 

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Just..ahh..help me up please."

He pulls me up gently, helping me stand. I lean against him for a few seconds before getting dressed. Sherlock pulls on a shirt as well, following me out of the room. Mycroft is in the kitchen, struggling to find the tea stuff. Sherlock walks over and pulls everything, helping his brother make the tea. I watch them walk around each other through the kitchen, each brushing against the other occasionaly. Sherlock hands me a cup, taking one for himself as well. Mycroft sits across from us, looking a tad irritated when Sherlock hops onto the counter. I smile, they will never outgrow their childish games and jokes. Mrs. Hudson comes up soon after, smiling and accepting a cup from Mycroft.

"Is everything okay today boys?"

"Yes Mrs. Hudson."

"That's good, very good."

We sit sipping our tea until Sherlock gets a call, accepting it and walking out of the room.