Music

Mycroft is sitting beside me when I wake up, John isn't here anymore. I push myself up, waking Mycroft when my feet hit the hardwood. He grabs my sleeve, pulling me back down onto the couch.

"We need to talk about this Sherlock."

"I dont want to talk to you."

"Please Sherlock, I need to talk to you."

"I'm not going back."

"I'm not trying to."

I jump at him suddenly, there is a moment of pause before he hugs me back.

"I promise, I'm not taking you back there Sherlock."

He doesn't let me go, sitting here for a few more minutes.

"I love you Will."

"Love you too Mikey."

John comes in, pausing when he sees us. He tries to back out before catching our attention, but smiles and sits down when I see him.

"How are you feeling Sherlock?"

"I'm fine."

"I made breakfast, you should eat something."

Mycroft stands, pulling me up behind him. We make our way to the kitchen, sitting around the counter to eat. They make me eat, watching to make sure I actualy eat the food John gave me. I think I have found out where they are hiding the sedatives, John is standing near a cabinet more so than usual. Mycroft keeps glancing over there too, when he thinks I'm not looking. My hands are shaking slightly, I want more. I put my hands in my lap, under the counter where they can't see me shaking.

"Greg is coming over today, he said he needed to talk to you Sherlock."

"What for?"

"Not sure."

"When?"

"He said around lunch."

"Fine."

The conversation dies down and John finally sits beside me. He takes my hand, tapping his fingers on mine out of habit. He's worried about me, I can see that. I dont remember all of last night, just a few bits and pieces. The sedatives I had saved in my sitting room stash where enough to help. My bloody wrist is itching again, right over the injection sight. John notices me scratching at it, pulling my hands apart and looking closely at my wrists.

"What is this from?"

"Last time I was injected with something."

He makes me tip my head to the side, cursing when he looks at my neck.

"He has formed an addiction to this too."

"Already?"

"I think so."

John goes on to explain it to Mycroft, turning back to me when he realizes what this means.

"You took more than just last night, didn't you?"

"It was only a little bit. You two kept giving it to me anyways!"

"BECAUSE YOU WHERE GOING TO HURT YOURSELF!"

Even John shrinks away when Mycroft starts yelling, not a good thing.

"Get out Mycroft. Now."

"Sherlock! Come here with me, please."

John takes me out of the room, telling Mycroft to wait in the sitting room. He takes me to the bedroom, making me lie down.

"I'm going to leave now, dont do anything stupid while I'm gone."

After a while, I drift off to sleep, curling myself in a ball the next time my cell buzzes. John runs in, taking it before I can see what Moriarty has sent this time.

"Lestrade is here. Sherlock?"

He pulls me upright, guiding me to the couch. They have already explained the situation to Lestrade, who is sitting next to Mycroft. Their knees are almost touching, brushing together every time one of them shifts. I remember the morning after the wedding, finding the two of them entwined on the sofa. Apparently so do they, because they are still slightly awkward towards each other.

"How are you feeling Sherlock?"

"I'm fine. What do you want?"

He tosses a folder down on the coffee table, grimacing when I reach out to take it.

"Its.. Its the case file you have been asking for. All three of you actually."

I pick it up, wincing when I see who's it is. Moriarty. The file is slim, not even close to enough information for a proper case file.

"Where is the rest?"

"This is it."

Johns hand is on my arm, gently applying pressure. His fingers are tapping out morse to me, a moment of worry before I respond. SOS. John pulls me up, helping me out of the room and to bed. He covers me with the blankets, leaving again. I wake when he crawls back into bed, the outside is dark by this time. He lies down beside me, uncomplaining when I push against him.

"How are you feeling? We're worried about you, they started asking what else I know."

He falls asleep rather quickly after this, not stirring when I slip away. I grab my violin, needing a distraction to calm down. John wakes when I start playing, though he passes out again when I get deeper into the melody. I am spinning a story with the music, sorrow and fear becoming prevalant and clearly stated in my song. The door opens softly and, though I don't turn or stop, I know its Mycroft. He leaves after a few moments, shutting the door quietly behind him. John wakes up a little while later, I'm still playing, and sits up partway.

"Sherlock? What're you doing?"

"Go back to sleep."

He lies back down when I start playing again, the sorrowful sound somehow making him drowsy. A smile plays across my lips when he falls back asleep, he looks peaceful. I begin walking around the room, slowly. The movement is second nature to me, the steps forever engrained in my mind. I haven't done this in a few years, but my feet remember the steps well enough that I don't need to think about it. The simple act helps calm me, the waltz steps relaxing and simple. I eventually stop, slowly lowering the bow and shuffling to a halt. The air feels different, charged somehow. John rolls over in his sleep, now facing away from me. There is a shuffling noise from down the hall, someone shifting on the sofa. Mycroft must have stayed over again. I make my way down the hall quietly, stopping when I realize there are two people in the sitting room. Lestrade again. I smile, it wasn't a drunken act last time. No one notices me as I slip back down the hall, door clicking shut behind me. John wakes up when I crawl into bed with him, sliding under the blankets and pressing against his body.

"Finaly decided to get some sleep?"

"Maybe."

He wraps his arms around me, drawing me into a tight embrace. We fall asleep quickly, each comforted by the others presence.

"John?"

"Hmm?"

"I love you."

"I love you too Sherlock."

And with that, we passed out.