Three

Ansel

I wake, feeling a pounding pressure in my head. I groan softly then whimper. A Light shines on my face and I don't want to risk opening my eyes only to be in more pain. I feel that I am on a bed. An unfamiliar one. Maybe I had been rescued and brought to safety. But then I remembered that everyone probably bought I was at the safe house already. Maybe I had been taken as a hostage.

I feel a pang in my heart. Father and Mother were still at the palace. I say a quick prayer to the Moon Goddess asking her to help my parents.

I take a deep breath smelling many scents. None familiar. There were so many people here. This is not my pack or a safe house. I smell once again that beautiful rose scent. This time it is almost overwhelming. But somehow it makes my head hurt a little less.

I have to open my eyes. I have to escape wherever I am.

I slowly crack my lids open. The light which I thought was bright, is only a small strip of golden light coming from a cracked door. I look around to see that I am in a small room. The walls are a rose gold pinkish color. I lay atop a little bed with white fluffed covers. I feel them, finding that the top blanket is stuffed with feathers. The only things in this room that I can see is the bed and a small table that holds a candle and a glass of water.

Noticing details was quite hard with my heavy eyelids closing on my every few seconds. But I do notice that I am clutching an object close to my form. I peek down to find Father's crown. I stifle on a sob, remembering the last time I saw Father. At least I had gotten to keep the crown with me.

I jump upright into a sitting position when I hear shifting and creaking of floorboards in the room coming from behind me. I clutch Father's crown close to my chest, and I turn around to find a man that looks like Father sitting in a chair. His eyes open and meet mine. Fear courses through my veins as I scramble out of the bed.

"Ansel? Ansel!" The man exclaims. He hops out of the chair and makes his way over to me.

I let out a blood-curdling scream and fall to the floor. I scoot backward using my free hand until I press against the wall behind me. I back myself further into the corner and let out another terrified screech. Tears begin to pour down my cheeks as I look up at the man in front of me.

The man stops and stares at me with the most pain-filled eyes I'd ever seen. I hear thundering footsteps towards the door and I begin to wail. I can't remember the last time I had cried like this, but I never wanted to again. It made me feel so...weak.

           The door swings open, slamming harshly against the wall behind it. I cry out at the loud noise and bury my face into my knees which I hold tightly to my chest.

           The overwhelming scent of rose enters the room. My body shakes, but this time from an unexpected wave of pleasure. I slowly raise my head to find an extremely tall man with the powerful aura of an Alpha. But not a full Alpha. Which means the Alpha before him has yet to retire from his position.

He has beautifully tanned skin with big muscles. His hair is a midnight black that shines in the dull light coming from outside the door. His eyes are a bright golden hazel color. This man was so handsome. The amazing scent that I keep on smelling was coming from him.

Mate.

No. No, no. This cannot be happening to me. The Alpha of our enemy pack could not be my mate.