Twelve

Asmodeus

       My heart pounds inside my chest as I hear a shrill howl that my wolf Sebastian and I recognize as our son.

      I throw myself onto another wolf who I see charging at me from the corner of my eye.
       I grab ahold of his scruff and fling him to the ground before sinking my teeth into his neck, ripping out his throat.

My pack warriors surround me as a sudden onslaught of wolves all rush over in my direction. The warriors attack, snarling and clawing their way through the wall of wolves blocking us from retrieving Ansel.

I catch an all too familiar scent in the wind and break away from the warriors to follow the scent.

I follow the scent quickly yet stealthily as to not catch the attention of the opposing side of the war. The scent comes to a half behind a rather large bush. Before I can go to investigate, something large rams into my side making me yelp as I am thrown to the ground.

      A dark brown colored warrior wolf pins me down, snapping his jaws at me. Drool flies against my face as he tries to push my paws down enough to be able to get to my throat.

      I snarl, using my hind legs to kick him off of me. Once I am able to successfully push him off I latch onto his hind leg, successfully breaking it. The wolf howls of pain are muffled as a large light brown wolf jumps out of the bushes only to shred the warrior wolf's throat and face apart.

Once the wolf is satisfied he shifts back into his human form.

"Asmodeus," The wolf whispers in disbelief.

"Aamon. It has been a long time, brother..."

"Some King you are," Aamon says, mood-changing faster than ever. "Leaving your warriors to fight your battle alone while you wander off into the woods."

"I could say the same about you Aamon. What are you doing out here? While the warriors that you are above are fighting while you hide in a bush."

"I'm staying alive for my pup, Asmodeus! The one that you stole!" Aamon whisper yells. I roll my eyes in annoyance.

"You don't even know the whole story. My warriors were scouring an area in no man's land where they found a small pup stranded in the middle of nowhere shivering in the pouring rain. They brought him back to save his life. When they arrived I took him in because my wife and I weren't able to have a pup of our own. Of course, I knew he was yours. I knew full and well that he came from you and your mate. That's why I kept him as mine. I could have thrown him out and left him to die. But I didn't. I took him because I thought it would hurt you. I was angry with you. We were both young and stupid. But I would never kill your pup because we were feuding once upon a time. I raised him and taught him to be a strong independent young wolf despite him being an omega. I raised him to be a King. Deep down I knew that if I killed him you would have never forgiven me. So I kept him alive! Aamon, you know who Blake really is. You know as well as I, that it is best if I take him back home with me."

Aamon opens his mouth to protest but I stop him. "Come with me, brother. Come back with me. And we can work this out. I promise I'll be better."

Aamon stares at me with wide eyes.

"Is this the same Asmodeus that I knew as a pup?"