Twenty Nine

Keir

I watch Collin interact with my children, a warmth in my heart that I hadn't felt since my boys were very young. Collin holds Akio, running with Tabari's little hand is his in the grassy field behind the palace. They were chasing a butterfly. Akio desperately wanted to meet the little butterfly. He called out to it as they chased it.

"Come back, butterfly! I only wish to meet you," Akio yells as the butterfly dives down and hides within the tall grass and wildflowers. I laugh, leaning back onto the blanket Collin had laid out for our picnic. I gaze up at the cloudless sky, the powerful light of the sun forcing me to look away. I close my eyes, placing my arms behind my head.

Collin told me that we were having a picnic as a celebration. For what, I do not know. Collin prepared a nice lunch for us which I am sure will be the next most delicious thing I eat. My stomach was starting to grumble just thinking about Collin's food.

My mind suddenly wanders to my daughter. I love Arabella. She is still my daughter and I will always love her no matter what she believes and how she acts. But Angelica has corrupted her to the point of no return. She will be stuck in her ways -her mother's ways- forever. I do not think I can ever allow her back into my life again. The thought pains me and my wolf. She was a part of me. I helped create her. But it cannot be any other way. She has to stay away for me to give my two other pups the lives that they deserve.

Arabella lived a life of riches. It was obvious that she was being spoilt by her mother and stepfather, no doubt. She was well of the way she was. Knowing Angelica, she would be back with her mate soon enough, hating life without money and jewels. Arabella would be fine in the long run. She would have plenty of money to fall back on.

Akio and Tabari, on the other hand, were raised in an orphanage that would rather hurt children then help them. Tabari went through something terrible that never should have happened in the first place. Akio was starved because having a disability was seen as a weakness.

Having my boys healthy and happy was my top priority. With Akio, we scheduled an appointment with the palace doctor to fix his foot. Collin made sure we saw the best doctor so we could ensure a speedy recovery for Akio. We went to Akio's evaluation appointment earlier and the doctor concluded that we could fix his foot. He would have to break the bone and set it back into place. At first, I was hesitant to go through with it. But Akio told me that he wanted to have his foot fixed.

"I am ready, daddy," Akio had said to me. "I want to walk and run just like the other pups."

Tabari also was a work in progress. He assured me that he was fine. But whenever I moved too fast or went to place a hand on his shoulder he would flinch and begin to shake. Tabari was not okay. I just wish he would talk to me or Collin about what he was going through. So far we were not even close to getting Tabari to speak about how he feels. One day we will get there, but for now, all I can offer is my support and unconditional love. My pups were my everything, and I will do everything in my power to keep them protected from the cruel world as long as I can.

A shadow comes over me, blocking out the sun. I peek open an eye and smile when I see a smiling Akio kneeling over me.

"Hi, daddy," Akio says, smiling and showing off his teeth. His two front teeth were missing, which was not the case when we left the palace. Dirt and grass stains mark his face. His hands are cupped together in front of him.

"What happened to your teeth?"

"He took a tumble," Collin says. I sit up as he approaches with the ever timid Tabari. "I set him down so I could try to catch the butterfly for him. I turned around for a second. I heard Akio cry out. He tried to run and twisted his bad foot. He did catch the butterfly though. He was very proud of his catch and crawled back here on his knees to show you. He lost a couple of teeth when he fell. But he will be fine."

I scoop Akio up into my arms, situating him on my lap. He giggles as I kiss his cheek and ruffle his already tousled hair.

"Ready daddy?"

"I am ready."

Akio slowly opens his hands. Two bright blue wings poke out from in between his hands. He shows all of us the butterfly's beautiful wings up close before fully opening his hands. The butterfly hesitates before fluttering his wings and flying up into the air. The butterfly lands on Akio's tiny nose and spreads its wings. Akio giggles, shaking with excitement that the butterfly didn't immediately fly away. The butterfly leaves as Akio reaches up to touch its wings.

"Who is hungry," Collin asks, opening the picnic basket. He pulls out a platter of meats, cheeses, fruits, and fresh bread. We all sit down on the blanket and eat in comfortable silence. Akio sits on my lap while Tabari and Collin lean up against each other across from us.

"Now, momma?" Akio asks Collin.

"Yes, Akio," Collin laughs. "Now is fine."

"Now, what," I ask.

"Daddy, me and Tabari are going to have a little brother," Akio exclaims. A soft smile makes its way onto Collin's face and even Tabari grins. At first, I do not comprehend what Akio says. But soon enough realization stikes me and my heart stutters in my chest.

"It's a boy," I breathe. Collin's smile grows, tears forming in his eyes. My eyes trail down to his stomach. There was a little pup in his womb. Collin was carrying a boy. My boy...

"It's a boy," Collin confirms, places his hands over his stomach. I pull Collin and Tabari close to me and embrace my family. I press my nose into Collin's scent glands on his neck and inhale. Sure enough, I can smell the underlying scent of a male pup.

"Oh, Collin," I whisper into his neck. I kiss his mark gently, pulling Collin and my pups closer. This couldn't have been a more perfect time to celebrate. First, we find out that Akio's foot can be fixed. And now I find out that I will be having another son. Tears slip from my eyes as Akio and Tabari argue softly about what the pup's name should be. Collin giggles as I press kisses to his face.

"I love you," I whisper against his lips.

"I love you," Collin replies.

"I love you!" Akio pipes in happily. I laugh, pressing a kiss to his dirt-covered face.

"Momma and I love you and Tabari very much. And when this pup is born he will be loved."

My life is finally looking up. Everything is working out better than I could have ever imagined. I couldn't wait for my pup to be born. For my family to grow.

When Collin came into my life I was not sure how he would take to my past at first. Having children with someone other than your mate would crush them. But Collin saved Akio and Tabari without a second thought, immediately accepting them into his life despite them not being his own. I could not have asked Moon Goddess for a better mate. Collin was perfect. Absolutely one hundred percent perfect. And I cannot wait to have more pups with him and spend the rest of our lives together.

*Hope this is a good wrap up to Collin and Keir's part in this story. Two more chapters to go before the sequel on Tabari! Remember to vote and comment!*

-LunaMoon