Eleven

When Rumi was just a little pup he had everything a little boy could have wanted. Toys, books, stuffed dolls, and two loving kind parents.

       Rumi grew up as the prince of a small kingdom a little ways away from Alpha Blake's kingdom.
      From when he was born up until the age of seven he had been spoilt and pampered. Living an elegant life in his parent's palace.

His father- Alpha Edmond- was a short portly man with a balding head. Silver strands of hair peeked through his blonde hair. He had a straight, small nose and almond-shaped brown eyes.

He may have looked weak and unable to care for himself, but his wolf made up for his human appearance. He had an enormous blonde wolf with rippling muscles. Rumi looked up to his father. He wanted to be just as brave and powerful as Edmond when he grew up and took the throne.

Rumi's mother- Mordriana- on the other hand, was a tall woman with high cheekbones and a dazzling smile that would charm anyone into doing what she wanted them to. Her long, waist-length black hair was always pulled up into an elegant and intricate updo.

His mother was the most precious woman in the whole kingdom. All of the people loved and respected her. She was the glistening most perfect apple of everyone's eye.

Rumi loved her so much and looked up to her as well. Rumi wanted his lover to be like her when he found his mate because he saw the love that his parents had for each other. He wanted that special relationship with someone as well.

Everything was well for Rumi in the beautiful kingdom for years. Until... one day...on Rumi's sixth birthday...something had begun to happen that made his heart completely shatter.

Rumi's mother started to push him away. She developed an awful temper towards him. She forced Rumi not to tell Edmond of the abuse that he was suffering at her hand.

Rumi- not wanting to disappoint his father- bore through the agonizing pain of his mother's hatred towards him as it grew and grew and grew...

When Rumi was a little over the age of seven his mother began to swell. Not all of her body. Just her belly. Her belly began to round out as if she had swallowed a rather large circular object whole and kept it in her stomach.

Rumi's mother was pregnant. It would have been an amazing thing for the kingdom. Another heir to the throne.

Except...

The pup was not Edmond's. It sparked outrage in the kingdom. The woman that all of the townspeople had looked up to had gone off with a Rouge who was not her mate and produced a pup with him.

Edmond was unbelievably angry at his mate. How could she go against the strong bond that they- of he thought that they- had formed together. How could she betray her own pup like that?

The kingdom found out that the Rouge pack was conspiring with Mordriana to plan out an attack on the kingdom. Only, they found out when it was already too late.

Edmond had gathered young Rumi into his arms and cradled him close as the battle waged on.

His people told... no, urged the king to protect his son from the attackers. After much arguing the king had reluctantly turned his back to his people and ran into the dark forest that surrounded the kingdom in search of his son.