Ten

Rumi

When I regain consciousness I find myself in a large comfortable bed. Thick warm quilts and furs cover my body. I inhale deeply, taking in my mate's sweet lovely scent. I also smell another incredible scent. I turn to find Ansel cuddled up into my side and a man lying next to him.

Mate... my wolf growls out in my head. The man's eyes snap up to me. The man... no... Alpha. He is an Alpha...

       The Alpha carefully lifts himself out of Ansel's hold and leans over my body. He places his head near my throat, sniffing the skin. He mouths around my Adam's apple before licking a strip up to my chin.

       A sudden surge of dominance hits me and I growl, flipping the Alpha over so I straddle his waist. My elongated canines skin over the crook where his neck and shoulder meet. The place where I am going to mark him.

The Alpha snarls and tries to flip me over so he can be the more dominant mate.

As soon as he tries to do this I decided that I have had enough of the Alpha. I slide over into what was once the Alpha's place on the bed. I cuddle up to Ansel's side and close my eyes.

The Alpha growls lowly in a warning to get up from his territory. Ansel shifts in my hold, yawning before cuddling back up to my chest. The Alpha and I stay completely still as Ansel falls back asleep.

I bare my teeth at the Alpha in a warning before resting my head over his. Every time the Alpha tries to get closer to us I let out a small snarl of warning for him to back away or I will attack.

After many attempts to steal a spot near my mate, the Alpha huffs before shifting into a massive wolf. He curls up at the edge of the bed, eyes trained on Ansel's sleeping form.

       One growl from my wolf makes the Alpha huff loudly, turning his head away from us.

     I do not remember falling asleep... but when I come to I find myself in my wolf form, curled around my mate and...

The damn Alpha...

The Alpha rests at the edge of the bed, shivering dramatically while gazing at the mess of limbs and fur that is Ansel and me.

     The Alpha-sensing my gaze- grunts as he stretches before turning to face me.

        The Alpha lifts his muzzle, sniffing the air before his eyes fall onto Ansel's slightly rounded belly. His eyes lift up to meet mine and he whimpers so softly.

I roll my eyes, letting out a huff of annoyance. I motion with my head for the Alpha to come over to us.

       The Alpha's eyes fill with love as he nuzzles into Ansel's and my side. He pauses to run his nose over Ansel's belly. He tilts his head in confusion.

         I shift back into my human form, stretching out and pulling the covers over my body.
        "He is pregnant. That is what you are smelling on him."

       The Alpha looks up at me with a shocked expression. He shifts back into his human form, not bothering to cover his... package...

       "Ansel is pregnant?"

       "That is what I just said," I say, annoyed by his incapability to comprehend my words.
The Alpha lets out a sharp breath before he sits up and scoots closer to me.

"My name is Greyson. What is your name, mate?"
"Rumi..."

         "Rumi. What a beautiful name." Greyson says gently. I roll my eyes at Greyson, pulling Ansel closer to me so I am able to rub his growing belly.

Ansel turns over in my arms and opens his eyes. He smiles at me softly before leaning up to kiss me.

I smirk into the kiss as I hear Greyson snarl in jealousy. I pull Ansel on top of my chest, rubbing his bottom. He mewls into the kiss as I touch his smooth skin.

Greyson pulls Ansel out of my arms and into his embrace. I growl as Greyson places his lips onto Ansel's.

Ansel hesitantly kisses Greyson back, wrapping his small arms around his neck.

I hook my arm around Ansel's shoulders to pull him away from Greyson. I lean over and press my forehead against Greyson's.

We both edge closer. Our lips just barely touching. We are almost there when the door to the room slams open.

There in the entryway stands an angry Alpha. Greyson's Father, I am guessing. Ansel clings onto both of us as the Alpha stalks into the room.

A petite woman follows behind him. The strong scent of a Luna follows her. Greyson's mother. She has deep red hair and fearful brown eyes. She tries her hardest to pull the Alpha away from the room but fails.

The Alpha snarls at her, telling- no- demanding her in his aggressive Alpha voice to go back to her bedchamber. The Luna submits, scrambling away from the room.

The Alpha turns back to us and snarls at the sight of Greyson and Ansel close to me. I snarl back threateningly.

"Greyson! Get away from that filthy rouge now!" The Alpha demands. "I have worked so hard to get this Kingdom to where it is today. I will most certainly not have it ruined by handing down my position as King only for a Rouge to destroy everything I have accomplished!"

"Father he is not like that!" Greyson yells angrily. He climbs out of bed and stands- as naked as the day he was born- in front of the fuming Alpha.

"He is my mate! Mine! I will not reject him or get rid of him just because of his status! Maybe he did not even choose to be a Rouge in the first place! Did you ever think of that, Father?! And if you forced me to get rid of the 'Rouge' then I would also have to reject Ansel as well! Do you want that Father? For your best friend and right-hand man's son to be in a world of pain just because you are not getting your way at the moment?!"

The Alpha tries to speak but Greyson interrupts him.

"Ansel is pregnant! Do you really want me to be taken away from my mates and our pup because of how you feel towards my mate?! Do you really never want to meet or get to know your grand pup? Do you really want to take away my happiness that bad?"

"I want them out by the time I get back from supper." The Alpha says, his voice, deadly calm.

"Really?" Greyson whispers. "Goddess, what happened to the loving father that I grew up with? Where did he go? Because you are not the kind, amazing man that I looked up to. That I aspired to be when I grew up. You're just a cruel old King whose reign has gone on for too long."

I pull Ansel closer when I realize that he is crying silent tears. Greyson pulls both of us into his embrace.

At that moment- after what he said to his Father- I gained a little more trust for him. I would not mind having him as my mate.

The Alpha opens his mouth to speak, but before he can get a word out there is a loud howl coming from outside the palace.

A war cry...

Ansel perks up at the noise. His movement stilling. "Father..." he whimpers...