Seventeen

Rumi

I wake to find Ansel gone from his bed. A strong sense of dread washes over me but as I realize where we are, I relax knowing he is safe. Especially with his father being on high alert, preparing for an inevitable attack from Alpha Blake's kingdom.

Greyson lays with his head on my chest- half of his body slung over mine- still fast asleep. I brush his tousled black hair out of his face gently as not to wake him from his slumber. Having two mates was proving not to be too bad so far.

Greyson shifts, his face nuzzling into the crook of my armpit and out again. His tired eyes fluttering open and focusing on me.

"Where's Ansel?" He asks, voice still groggy from sleep.

"I do not know. Maybe he is with his father. Go back to sleep, Greyson. It is still early."

     "I think I am going to go find him." Greyson slips out of bed and wraps a robe around his body. He fixes his hair and slips on some comfortable shoes. Before he leaves he hesitantly leans down and presses his lips to mine oh so softly.

      I pull him down so he lays on top of me, caressing his hips as the kiss picks up and we both fight for dominance. I win.

      Greyson pulls away slowly, staring into my eyes as he catches his breath.

      "I think I love you," he murmurs with an intense seriousness shimmering in his eyes. I snort, leaning back onto the pillows behind me.

      "We just met."

     "But I really think I do," he argues, following me down. "I know that mates are supposed to have an immediate attraction to each other but I think this is more than that. I love both of you! Is it that hard to believe?"

      I look up at Greyson, who has tears welling up in his eyes. Why is he so damned emotional all the time? Even Ansel doesn't act like this. And Ansel is pregnant.

I'll admit it is a small bit comical watching a big strong Alpha cry. It was an extremely rare occurrence for an Alpha to get upset so much to the point of crying.

       That doesn't stop me from pulling the big Alpha into my arms and coddling him as a mother does to a child who has scraped his knee.

     "I love you," Greyson tried again, this time in a broken whisper. He begins pressing kisses to the side of my neck where his mark will someday be placed. I sigh, tilting my head to the side to allow him more access to my sensitive neck.

     "You're an okay guy, Greyson," I reply.

      Greyson stifles his laughter and pulls away to kiss me one last time, wiping the stray tears from his cheeks.

      "I know you love me too, Rumi. Even though we just met. I already know so you don't have to say it yet. But you will one day."

     Greyson smiles and bounds out of the bedchamber, starting his search for Ansel. I sigh, burrowing myself under the covers, even more, willing myself to fall back asleep.

    After about twenty minutes of tossing and turning, I give up. I push the covers to the side and swing my legs over the side of the bed. I will just go find Collin's bedchamber and stay with him.