Four

Ansel

        I stab Aamon in his side hard. He screams in pain, stumbling backward and onto the floor. My hands shake. I drop the scissors and back up into the corner, crouching on my knees.

I cannot believe that I just stabbed someone! Oh, my Goddess!

        The Alpha rushes over to Aamon and tries to pull him away from me. I am left stunned as Aamon jerks away from the Alpha's touch and crawls over to me. The Alpha growls and leaves the room.
         Tears stream down my face and my wolf whimpers. This man... is telling the truth? But it cannot be. My father is back at his castle probably finding a way to get to me. But...I cannot deny the connection I feel towards Aamon.

He is your father, Ansel. I'm so sorry that I didn't tell you. Asmodeus was a great father to you regardless of his hatred toward Ammon. My wolf says softly.

         I let out a sob as Aamon reaches me and pulls me into a hug. I begin to wail, hugging him back. My whole body shakes violently as I cry heavily. I press my small hand against his stab wound.

"I-I'm so s-sorry!" I whimper and bury my face into Aamon's neck. I feel the bond between us. The one that I never felt with Father before. This man has to be my real father. If my wolf says it's true... then it must be.

          "Ansel," Aamon whispers. "No, sweetheart. It's okay. You are just scared. You don't know what Is going on. And it is okay to be afraid. It's okay. Just stop crying. I will be fine. Shhhhhh baby boy. You did not do anything wrong. You were just protecting yourself."

Aamon grabs my hand and holds it tightly. He kisses my forehead with a soft gentleness of a parent. It reminded me of Mother's kisses. I slump against Aamon, pressing my hand harder against the laceration trying to stop the bleeding.

           The Alpha comes back into the room with a doctor and a tall muscular man. A warrior. The Alpha stalks toward us and points at me. The warrior yanks us apart and hauls me to my feet by my hair.

             I cry out, yanking at the hands that hold me. I kick and scream and punch at the warrior. He grips my hair harder and I feel strands of my hair being yanked out of my head.

           Aamon growls at the Alpha who holds him back.

           "Blake, let me go!" Aamon snarls.

"No! Son or not, he is dangerous!" Alpha 'Blake' says. He pulls a screaming Aamon out of the room, the doctor following behind them.

The overwhelming scent of rose fills the room. My mate snarls at the warrior that digs his fingers harder into my scalp.

        "Let. Him. Go." My mate growls out angrily.

"But Alpha Blake said," the warrior starts.

         "Now!" Greyson roars. The man lets go of my hair and flings me aside. I drop to the ground, sobbing and rubbing my aching temples. A headache pounding harshly in my head.

I just want to go home. To be in my bed and wake up from this nightmare. Act as nothing happened.

Greyson bends down, hauling me into his arms roughly. Instead of trying to pull away, I completely sink into his hold. I am just too exhausted to move at this point.

           Greyson's chest rumbles as he sniffs my head. I reach up to feel a warm sticky substance in my hair. Blood.

I whimper softly. Even though Greyson's presence is soothing, I don't feel that special connection that mates should have with each other. I don't want him to be my mate. He hurt me.

I feel the presence of Greyson's wolf. I can feel his pain in the fact that I and my wolf do not have an interest in him and his human.

Greyson must feel it too because his hold on me tightens considerably and he growls possessively. My head lolls back and I hang limply in his arms.

Do you think that if we can escape and talk to Father and Mother that maybe they would consider an alliance? I am not making this decision based on the fact that our mate is here. I want our people to not fear of another attack. Maybe I can find a way to make them forgive each other so that we do not put our people at risk. I say to my wolf.

It could work. But... I don't think they can forgive each other. Your real father and the father that raised us probably will never get along. You were kidnapped. I do not think that a parent will ever get over something like that so easily. Especially when you do not remember anything about your biological father, friends, and pack upbringing. It will be extremely hard to convince anyone to form an alliance. My wolf replies.

I am now the crowned prince. It is my duty to protect my pack. My family. I need to put my pack first. Even if it means that I cannot be with our mate. It does not really bother me though. Being with him would mean staying here. He's the Alpha. The next king of this pack. I am the next king of my pack. I am not going to leave my pack without a king just to be a pleasure toy and bare pups for him. I just can't.

There is a long pause from my wolf. The silence begins to make me worry.

Greyson sets me down on a doctoring table. A doctor gets right to work on cleaning my head.

Ansel.... if you do not want to be with mate, I will support this. My wolf finally replies.
I do not want to leave our kingdom either. Our pack relies on us. They trust us to be there for them and make sure that they have everything they need. We cannot afford to sacrifice everything just for one man. I understand where you are coming from Ansel. Rest now. You need it. Let me take control. I will protect you.

         Rest Ansel.

         I allow my self to finally sink under. Welcoming the peaceful darkness accompanied by sleep.