Nine

Greyson

I smelt my mate before I saw him. His sweet calming scent washing over me. It brought me so much joy when I found out that the warriors had arrived with Ansel. 

Aamon, my father, and I all wait in the throne room to see the face of the filthy rouge that kidnapped my poor little mate.

The doors to the castle swing open. The warriors march in followed my little mate wrapped in a large blanket. My wolf howls at another amazing scent that makes its way to me.  

The lovely smell is coming from the rouge, I realize. He appears to be unconscious. My wolf paces in my head, growling because he sees the large bruises that cover his face.

I have another mate... 

My wolf speaks to me in a soft tone; This means that Ansel most likely ran away on his own. And when he was in the woods he found mate and brought him here... oh Goddess! 

I turn to look at what my wolf is shouting at. His aggressive growls and snarls fill my head as I see a warrior holding a sword above my other mate. 

I am frozen. I can't find the strength to move as he swings the sword towards my mate's limp body. 

Ansel suddenly leaps in front of the rouge and growls 'mine!' 

So he feels the bond too. My wolf and I sigh in relief as the warrior stops before injuring either of my mates. 

My wolf growls as the blanket that was wrapped around Ansel slips from his slender shoulders and pools around his feet. 

He pays no mind to this as he keeps on snarling at everyone and everything that is close to the unconscious man sprawled out on the floor. 

I take a small step forward, snapped out of my trance. I slowly make my way over to my mates. Ansel looks up at me and whimpers softly. 

I realize then that I have been a bad mate. I don't know what happened between my mates while Ansel was gone but it seems that they are extremely close. That Ansel really cares about him.
I kneel down next to Ansel and place a hand on his tear-stained cheek. He abruptly bursts out into tears, throwing himself into my arms. I hold him as close to my chest as possible while he wails out into the otherwise quiet throne room. 

I move Ansel out of my arms and lift the rouge up so I can carry him to my room. The rouge looks larger than I am and I wonder if he was once an Alpha before. 

When I touch him sparks explode between us. The man groans and shifts in my arms. Ansel clings to my forearm as I stand up. 

"Greyson wait!" My father demands. I pay no attention to him as I bring my mates up the winding set of stairs. 

Once we arrive in my room I gently place the rouge onto my bed and pull the covers up over him.
Ansel whimpers from behind me. I turn only for him to scramble up into my arms again. 

"I'm sorry for leaving you," he sobs out. "I felt you and your wolf's feelings as soon as I saw you! I didn't know you felt that way about me! About how much pain I put you and your wolf through when I ran away! I'm sorry I just wanted to go home! I miss my mother and father and I just wanted to wake up in my bed and for this whole thing to be a bad dream! I just wanted to be home..."

       I pick up my little mate and hold him in my arms as he cries into my shoulder. His whole body shakes violently against my own. 

        I place him in bed next to the rouge as he calms a little bit more. I climb in next to him and wrap my arms around his small waist. 

       As soon as his head hits the pillow he is asleep. I smile slightly as I stroke his soft curly hair. I feel as if someone is watching me. I look up to lock eyes with the rouge. 

       My other mate...