Thirteen

Ansel

      I feel the presence of Fathers' warrior wolves behind us. Further down in the woods in case they are needed, but far enough away to not disturb their king and his rival. Greyson moves back towards me and puts his arm around my shoulders.

     "Father, I'm going back with Ansel. I cannot stand being away from him and I will not obey your order to get rid of my mates. I want, no, I need to be in my mates' lives. There is nothing that you can do or say that will make me change my mind and come back to you. Nothing. I will go with my mates and live out my life with them."

      "Greyson," Alpha Blake starts. "So you are telling me that you are willing to give up your throne, your Kingdom... for some mutts who claim to be your mates? This is unbelievable! You are a disgrace to this whole Kingdom!" Alpha Blake begins to move in our direction.

     Father growls threateningly and takes another step towards Alpha Blake and snarls threateningly. He places himself in front of Greyson and me to block us from Alpha Blake. Alpha Blake- obviously threatened by Father- takes a step back towards the edge of the woods.

     "You know what, Greyson? Fine. You can go with them. But mark my words, once you step over the pack lines you will immediately be seen as an enemy in my and the rest of the pack's eyes. I will show you no mercy once you join another pack. So next time we meet, you better expect to be attacked and killed by your once fellow loyal pack mates. You will no longer be my son, only a bastard who betrayed his king to run away with your little tramp of a mate and a rouge, to father a pup that isn't even yours. This is not how I raised you, Greyson. And you," Alpha Blake turns his attention over to me. Father lets out another low snarl.

     "I wish you the worst of luck in life. We spent years searching for any sign of you so we could return you to your father. Only for you to run away from your kingdom and your mate -chosen by the Goddess, herself- just to whore around with another man. And on top of that, he impregnates you with his foul Rouge seed! I cannot believe that you, Alpha Asmodeus, would consider having a rouge as your future heir to the throne. It is shameful. I hope that your bastard pup dies in the womb, Ansel. Because your kingdom will surely fall if anyone finds out about this outrageous occasion. Your kingdom will fall faster than ever. And I do not need other packs coming for me because I let go of the opportunity to kill the pup and ensure that the likes of that creature, does not get to the throne."

     And with that, Alpha Blake turns and makes his way back to the kingdom, his warriors obediently following him back. Some of his warriors stay back to snarl at us and our warrior wolves. Tears stream down my cheeks as I rub my flat stomach. My pup will not die. He will grow up to be happy and healthy and a perfect king.

     Father pulls me out of my thoughts by placing his hand on my shoulder.

     "You are pregnant?" Father asks me, incredulous.

     "I am only a couple of weeks along. It will be a normal nine-month long pregnancy. Are- are you not happy with me?"

      "No, no that is not it at all. I am so proud of you that you will produce an heir for our kingdom. You will be a wonderful father. It is just that you are so young and it is surprising that you have only been gone for weeks and you- my little pup- come back and announce that you are pregnant with a pup of your own. I cannot stand to see you grow up. In my eyes, you are still my small child who needed his Mother and Father by his side."

Father places one of his large hands over my stomach. He closes his eyes and smiles brightly. He then steps back to examine the group of men that surround us.

"So, which one of you is the sire to my son's pup?"

Rumi steps forward and kneels in front of Father. Rumi hangs his head to show his submission.

"I expect you to stand by Ansel's side throughout his pregnancy and rule alongside Ansel as his equal. Are you prepared to become a king even though you are a Rouge wolf?" Father inspects Rumi as he slowly walks around him.

"Actually," Rumi starts. "I was born an Alpha's son. A long time ago there was a Rouge attack on my kingdom that my mother had planned with a man she was having an affair with. My brother, Collin, was conceived when my mother came in contact with the Rouge. My father, Alpha Edmond, killed my mother but chose to save Collin who was still inside her womb. The last I saw him was when he was heading into battle. I do not even know if he is alive or not. All I know is that our kingdom was of lesser importance and was fewer in numbers with little allies. We were much a very independent kingdom. So with our lack of warriors to fight in battle, our kingdom quickly fell and almost every single pack member perished in the battle. My father's decision to cut Collin from the womb of his deceased mother, resulted in him not having any food supply. He was born a month prematurely, so he was already in more danger than he would have been if he was just left to perish in the womb. But I was able to save him by staying with a fox shifter and her kit until Collin was weaned off of milk. We lived in a cabin until Collin was kidnapped by Alpha Blake's kingdom while they were ransacking our cabin which is a little way into the forest. I lived out my life alone after I could not find Collin.

"And then I met Ansel. We have been living together for a couple of weeks and he happened to get pregnant. I never got to tell him that I came from a long line of Alphas. So his pregnancy will be about three months. Maybe even a little shorter if the pup is a true Alpha. I am sorry for not informing you, Ansel. But it seems that we are going to be meeting our little pup earlier than you think."

Rumi looks up into my eyes and smiles softly. I return his smile with one of my own. I kneel beside Rumi and pull him into a hug.

"We will be amazing parents. I cannot wait to meet our pup."

"It's your pup?!" Collin exclaims. "Do you know what gender the pup is, Prince Ansel?"

Collin bends down and places his hand on my stomach, no doubt trying to find out the gender using his "special omega touch". I giggle, removing his hand from my stomach.

"She's a girl. Our little princess." Rumi pulls me up into his lap. I laugh as he peppers my face in many kisses. I spot Aamon behind me, smiling a sad smile. He must feel sad about missing out on so much in my life. But I will spend the rest of mine making it up to Aamon. I will make sure that he is in me and my pup's lives. It will be so much easier to see him now that he is coming back home with me and Father.

"Our little princess," Rumi murmurs under his breath. He kisses over my mark and I shudder at the sparks that tingle through my body. I nuzzle my face into his mark and purr in his ear. Rumi and I lock eyes and share a silent conversation between us. I reluctantly pull away from Rumi and stand up. I make my way over to Greyson and take his hands into mine.

"Greyson..."