21

It was a normal evening.

The sunset had faded into a dark mysterious night sky; Third Meal had finished a few hours ago; and the DPO guards were making their regular rounds around the entire district, making sure that everyone was in their dorms fast asleep. The district fell into a lull of silence, and the lunar sky swept over the community.

Everything was going smoothly.

Wonwoo quietly stepped out of the Library, pulling his black hood over his head to cover his identity from any security nearby when he exited the building. As he casually walked down the steps, he heard someone scuffling down while letting out a quiet yelp. Wonwoo let out a silent, irritated sigh before turning around to look at the person following him.

"Mingyu, if you're going to help me, at least try to be quiet?" He whisper yelled, subtly glaring at the taller.

"Sorry," Mingyu apologized in a whisper, "The floor was slippery."

The two walked down the stairs together and out of the building, being greeted by another recruit member waiting for them at the entrance.

"You're coming too?" Mingyu asked.

"Duh, why else would I be dressed like this?" Seungkwan rolled his eyes.

Just like the other two, the sixteen-year-old boy was dressed in a black hoodie, black pants, and black shoes, along with a dark blanket he was cradling in his arms. His blonde hair was hidden away in a black beanie that Hansol gladly let him use. He wasn't too fond of beanies and thought they were more of Hansol's style, but the latter insisted he'd wear it so that his blonde hair would be securely hidden in the dark.

"I have some important business to take care of before I meet back up with the others," Seungkwan explained. "But I need a gun first. You're going to the armory, right?"

The two nodded.

"Cool, let's go."

They quietly made their way across to the Training Stadium, successfully being hidden away from any other security guards patrolling the area. However they had to hide behind a bush and wait for the coast to be clear of any guards that were standing in front of the entrance, occasionally pacing back and forth in front of the door.

Wonwoo, one step ahead of the game, reached for something out of his pocket. It was a round glass sphere filled with some sort of gas that danced around in the space it was contained. The two younger ones didn't know exactly what it was, but they were eager to find out. He gently placed it on the ground before digging in his backpack for three pairs of goggles, tossing two of them to the younger boys.

"Put these on so you don't burn your eyes."

Seungkwan and Mingyu did as they were told without questioning. Once the goggles were secured onto their faces, Wonwoo reached once more for the glass sphere before chucking it over bush right towards the guards. It landed on the ground surface in the middle of where the guards were pacing, causing it to explode and cover the area with a thick layer of the misty gas.

The guards patrolling the area grew confused and blind, crying out in pain as their eyes were being blinded with the mist. With a smirk, Wonwoo secured the goggles on his eyes and fished out a tool from his pocket before standing up and rushing towards the entrance.