10

{ D - 160 }

"Hello, again," Jisoo greeted the two guards, who only bowed, "could you take me to Cell No. 3, please?"

They nodded before turning around and walking down one of the many hallways on the Confinement Floor. Jisoo looked around, noticing that most of the cells were still empty just like when he first came. The guards stopped once they had arrived at the designated cell.

Inside Cell No. 3 was a young boy with dark brown hair that almost appeared black. He had sharp eyes, a slightly flat nose, and thin lips. He wore a long sleeved white shirt, white pants, and no shoes or socks. Instead of sitting on his bed, he was lying on the white glossy floor of his cell, arms and legs stretched out as he blankly stared at the ceiling above him.

One of the guards already got to work at typing in the passcode, ready to press "unlock."

"Excuse me," Jisoo said timidly, "could I ask you for a favor once I get in there?"

"If it's to leave you alone with the prisoner," one of the guards began, "then I'm afraid we can't allow you to."

"Captain may have been lenient with you before, but we can't let you be alone with him," the other guard said, "we apologize for the inconvenience."

"Oh it's ok," Jisoo smiled, "that wasn't exactly the favor I wanted to ask you. I just wanted you to close the door once I step in. The cell is completely sound-proof, correct?"

The guards nodded.

"Is there a way for you to hear from the outside?"

The guards shook their head.

"Alright, then that's all I ask," Jisoo said, "you can leave the glass this way so that you can watch over us, just keep the door closed until we're done talking. I promise it won't be long; I just need to discuss a few protocols with him that are top secret since he's been confined for so long."

The guards looked at each other before nodding at one another.

"Understood," they both agreed.

Jisoo nodded towards them, and one of them pressed the unlock button, revealing the hidden entrance for him to enter through. Jisoo took a deep breath in before stepping inside, causing the young boy on the floor to look at in from where he was laying. The boy simply sat up, no surprised or confused expression showing on his face as the instructor began to walk towards him.

"Chan, correct?" Jisoo asked.

"Nah my name's Robert," the younger replied.

Jisoo stared at him, confused. The prisoner suddenly let out a loud sarcastic chuckle before frowning.

"Yes it's me," Chan said, "By the way, that's called sarcasm, Mr. Instructor."

Jisoo's hands clenched into a fist, but he tried to suppress his anger with a forced smile.

"Right," Jisoo said between clamped teeth, "I know a thing or two about sarcasm."

"Really? I thought they didn't teach that in school," Chan said, slightly baffled, "I mean, this perfect society doesn't seem to have a place to fit sarcasm in their ways of life."

"They also don't room have room for disrespect," Jisoo mumbled, crossing his arms over his chest, "You know, I could just leave you here and go back into society completely forgetting about your existence."

Chan furrowed his eyebrows.

"What do you mean by that?"

Jisoo walked closer towards Chan, handing him a huge stack of papers that were stored in a file. Chan hesitantly grabbed them before opening up the file, his eyes widening at the bold words that headed the top of the paper.