7

{ D - 183 }

Jisoo clutched onto the stack of paperwork as he stood in front of the tall white building. Out of the years he had been an instructor, this was the first time he had ever visited District 17 Headquarters. This place was where classified information and data about the District were stored. Not many people were allowed inside, only a few instructors, the members of the Head Council, and of course the workers of the building were allowed to enter and exit. The prison was hidden deep within, a few levels underground.

Once he stepped inside, he was immediately bombarded with questions from a worker. He answered all of them calmly, which allowed him to walk deeper into the front lobby of the room and towards the front desk. He politely asked for directions to where the prison was, or as they call it, the Confinement Floor.

He was then directed to the elevator, where he was given a special key that allowed him access to the button selection for the Confinement Floor. Once the elevator was closed, he inserted the key inside the small keyhole and turned it to the left, causing a small button to slowly reveal itself. He pressed on it hesitantly, and the elevator began to move downward. When the elevator finally opened, he was greeted by two other guards who had been waiting for him to arrive inside. They were dressed in the usual white DPO uniform, along with a helmet to cover their faces and their identities from being revealed.

"Right this way, Instructor," one of them said.

Jisoo followed the two guards down what seemed like an endless hallway. His eyes darted everywhere, trying to take in his surroundings. He always thought prison was some run-down underground chamber made of rough concrete, but it was quite the opposite.

The cells were made of white walls, with one thick glass wall that acted as a one-way mirror at the entrance of each cell. You were able to see the inside of the cell, but the person inside Confinement couldn't see outside. The glass appeared to have no way in or out of the cell, which made Jisoo more curious as to how they got citizens inside them. Each cell had either one or two smalls beds covered with sheets, pillows, and blankets. There were also bathrooms installed in every one, the basic shower, sink, and toilet inside. Some were being occupied by citizens; some were empty. Finally, they stopped in front of a cell that was labeled CELL NO. 1.

Jisoo's eyes widened, almost welling up with tears. Inside cell no. 1 was a young man sitting inside on his bed. The male was dressed in all white, his brown hair cut short. His droopy eyes were staring at a wall as he subconsciously twiddled his fingers. His sharp nose, chiseled, smooth face, and thin lips were just as Jisoo remembered.

Jeonghan.

The guards pressed a numbers on a keypad, entering some sort of passcode to allow Jisoo to enter inside. They were about to press a button that was labeled "unlock," but Jisoo quickly stopped them.

"I have a request," Jisoo said, "for when I go in."

"Yes, Instructor?"

"Could you leave us alone for a little bit?" He asked, "Releasing prisoners always calls for many protocols that are classified just between the them and those doing the releasing process."

He hoped his excuse was good enough to give them some alone time. He looked at the two guards, who only turned towards each other in silence. Jisoo could tell they were a bit suspicious.

Coincidentally, a young male came over, dressed in the same DPO uniform only with no helmet. The other two guards bowed at the male, calling him Captain as he walked towards them. He had jet-black hair that was cut very short, no hair strand grew past his eyebrow. He had big eyes with long eyelashes and a somewhat flat nose that complimented his chiseled features.