ID NUMBER 11

I'm naturally...

a little disobedient.

I've been this way ever since I was young.

In the beginning I did take the pills, but they weren't as appealing as the nutrition gummies they gave us when we were younger children. They didn't taste as well either. The way it felt in your throat when you swallowed it down was super gross, a downright nasty feeling. So I stopped taking them, not really thinking any thing of it despite our teachers telling us how important they were.

As I grew older, bending rules became more and more enticing. I'd show up late to class a few times a week. I would take an extra container of the fruits we got for First Meal from the cafeteria every morning. Sometimes if I felt like it, I'd "accidentally" break the dress code by wearing my trouser shorts when we were supposed to wear our pants. I would "forget" to do some of my assignments, making my Instructors extremely irritated.

Sometimes I would wake up a little earlier than usual and sneak into the Lesson Building and draw something on the projector board in the lesson room, making instructors panic and wonder who was the culprit behind the scheme. Other days I'd sneak out at night and paint on some of the buildings in the District. The Community Cleaners would look so frustrated every time. It was quite amusing.

However, one thing I enjoyed almost as much as pulling harmless pranks was training. The work was hard; but despite my low stamina, I was still pretty good at combat.

Whenever we had examinations for our training progress, I was always at the top. My movements were light and quick; my hits were strong and impacting. I was a natural when it came to shooting. My accuracy was perfect; I would hit a bullseye every time. Training with other weapons was a piece of cake too. Fighting, whether it was fake or real, was an exhilarating feeling, and I couldn't get enough of it. The Head Instructor of Training even said I would make an excellent DPO Captain, which was a lot coming him.

And I probably would have become a Captain...

If I hadn't been imprisoned.

I remember that day vividly, as if it had happened yesterday.

I was in one of the lesson rooms, barely paying attention to the Instructor's lecture about the Economic Principles of the Districts. Once the lecture was over, I was about to dash out and head towards the Dining Hall to eat second meal with Jisoo; but my Instructor called me over to the podium where he was standing. He told me that I was needed at the Main District Office. When I asked him why, he only shook his head, saying he was just told to tell me to go there.

When I got there, I was directed towards an empty white room with only a glass window the peered into a smaller room that was built inside. In the smaller room were five elderly people dressed in fancy all-white clothing. My eyes widened and I immediately bowed, for it was the Head Council sitting inside. One of them walked out to join me in the empty spacious room, giving me a polite smile as a greeting. He was youngest of the five (still kinda old though), the representative council member of District 17.

"Hello," He began, "How pleasant to see you here."

"Good afternoon, Your Honor," I barely managed to say, my body slightly shaking.

"Do you know why we wanted to talk with you?" The Head Council member asked.

I slowly shook my head; his smile grew even wider... and creepier. He nodded towards the other council members, causing one of them to press a button. The white room walls were all suddenly covered up with holographic videos of different points throughout the years, all being videos of me. My eyes widened with fear as they darted from one video to the next. They were videos of my doing my mischievous stunts, from telling my teacher I didn't do my assignments to even drawing on the projector boards...