6

"Escape?!" Seohyeon repeated, only in a more surprised tone, "As in leaving the district?!"

"Exactly," Jihoon grinned confidently while his other companions sighed in defeat.

"But... why would you want to escape?"

Wonwoo looked up at Junhui in disbelief.

"You haven't told her about anything?" He asked, but Junhui only shrugged.

"I wanted to take things slow," Junhui explained, "but Mr. Impatient here just had to drop the bomb."

He glared at Jihoon, who simply held up a peace sign and grinned. Seohyeon was curious about the gesture and tried imitating it, lifting up her index and middle finger with the rest of them curled into her knuckle and holding it up just like Jihoon. The sight made Junhui stare at her with adoration and forget about his irritation towards Jihoon.

"But why would you want to escape?" Seohyeon asked, still holding up the peace sign.

"We all have our reasons," Wonwoo stated, "I want to see what happened to our world in person, for history experience."

"I want to travel," Soonyoung said, eyes shining with excitement, "there's a whole world out there! Full of people and places that we could never see here in the District. Plus, this place is kinda boring you know?"

"I want freedom," Junhui said, "Freedom of speech, freedom to do what I want, freedom to go wherever I want. You can't get that here."

"I just want to leave," Jihoon shrugged, "I hate it here."

Seohyeon admired all their reasons (though Jihoon's reason seemed was quite vague). She never realized people had all these thoughts about how their lives were run. She did admit; it's been only two days since she went pill-free, and her views are already being questioned and changed.

Suddenly they heard the door click, which made Seohyeon panic and hide behind Junhui. She thought that someone had spotted their coming into the library and entering the secret room. If anyone found out where they were right now it would be her and Junhui's fault. But the boy only chuckled, knowing that it wasn't anything bad.

"Relax," Junhui said, "it's not anyone suspicious."

Right after he said that the door opened, and in walked a very very familiar individual.

"Instructor Jisoo?!" She exclaimed, causing the former to chuckle.

"Looks like we have a new recruit?" He said in a teasing tone, "Nice to see you Seohyeon."

"I don't understand," she began, "you're apart of this too?"

Jisoo nodded, his grin growing wider.

"This whole thing was kinda his idea," Junhui explained.

Jisoo took out a small computer chip and placed it on the table.

"If we're going to escape, we need a whole team to join us," he began.

Jisoo tapped twice on the chip, causing a hologram to pop up. He pressed on one of the files which had a list of names and profiles of different citizens in District 17. He tapped on a name, revealing a profile picture along with a list of information about the individual.

"Mingyu: ID Number 2, age 17, student and protector trainee."

He tapped on another name.

"Seungkwan: ID Number 5, age 16, student and medical trainee."

He swiped towards another profile, one that startled Seohyeon a little.

"Minghao: ID Number 103, age 17, student."