4

Seohyeon slowly sat up from her bed as she stared at the blank wall in front of her bed and then looked down at her plain, comfortable bed sheets. It was all so dull to her now, almost lifeless. She could barely sleep last night; her thoughts were all over the place.

She stood up from where she lay and made her way over to her closet, getting dressed just like she normally did. Her clothes were all looked exactly alike, since they were mostly all white; occasionally she had clothes that were the color beige.

Was my closet always this bland? She thought to herself.

Then again, everyone's clothes were all the same.

She put on the appropriate attire for the day and tied her hair up into a bun, slightly messier than how it normally was. Hopefully, none of the instructors doing inspection would notice.

She walked out of her closet and closed its door behind her. A smile grew on her lips when she saw her fellow roommate getting ready. For some reason, Jane's face had more of a glow to it this morning, and when she smiled back at Seohyeon, it was more friendly.

"Ready for the day?" Seohyeon asked.

"Of course," Jane nodded after tying her hair into a neat bun, "today's is a Resting Day, and of course I'm going to spend it resting."

Seohyeon gave her a chuckle.

Resting Days were special days that happened every few weeks or so where citizens in each district could enjoy some time of relaxation. On these days, no lessons or training sessions were held, allowing the citizens to enjoy their free time. Of course, they had to follow the rules.

I wonder what Junhui's going to do during his free time. She thought as they made their way outside.

————
"I can't face her."

"Yes you can!" Minghao groaned for the eightieth time, "its not like you just found out you're in love with her or something! Now stop being such a coward and let's eat; I'm hungry."

Minghao had been pushing Junhui towards their door for almost ten minutes. Minghao was starving, but Junhui was hesitant about going to the Dining Room.

A blush crept over the older's face as Minghao kept shoving him more and more towards the door. Minghao wasn't wrong. Junhui was in love with Seohyeon. He deeply cared for the young girl and cherished the time they spent together every day. However, he wasn't really sure what he was going to do after what happened yesterday before Third Meal. The scene replayed in his head, causing him to mentally want to strangle his past self for doing such a stupid, embarrassing thing.

"Junhui, I swear if you don't move I'll eat you instead."

"You can't do that," Junhui chuckled nervously, "Thats cannibalism! Plus, you'd be eliminated right on the spot if you did."

"Junhui," Minghao said giving his roommate a deadly glare.

"Right. Sorry," Junhui mumbled as he opened the door and shuffled outside.

The walk down to where they met the other girls seemed surprisingly fast, which wasn't so good for Junhui. He held his breath as they walked closer and closer over to where Seohyeon and Jane were standing.

"Good morning," Minghao said politely, his salty personality disappearing completely "shall we get going?"

Jane nodded and walked along side Minghao, carrying on a conversation. Junhui stared in shock as Minghao completely ignored his presence, along with Seohyeon's presence as well. He perked up as Minghao turned around, but he immediately began to frown as Minghao mouthed the words: