16

{ D - 120 }

Today was the first day of training.

There were only a few of the recruits that would train today, just to keep the low profile. All of them had to learn defense combat skills, however only a few were chosen to learn how to operate and shoot the guns in order to protect the other members.

These few included Mingyu, Junhui, Seohyeon, Soonyoung, Jihoon, Seungkwan and Chan. Although Chan and Seungkwan were assured they probably wouldn't have to do much shooting or fighting during the mission since they were still very young, Jisoo wanted to make sure they at least knew how to operate the guns just in case.

Junhui and Seohyeon walked together towards the training gymnasium, talking about the novel they were reading together. Yesterday they were able to read a few more chapters of the book, and the story seemed to become more and more enlightening to Seohyeon. She rambled on and on about the plot practically the entire way to the gymnasium, not that Junhui minded. He liked it when she talked passionately like that; she made even the littlest things seem so exciting.

"It's such a simple plot," she continued, "but the story is just so... exhilarating to read!"

"You're right," Junhui smiled, "No matter how many times I read it, I always find it enjoyable, especially the ending."

"The ending?"

Junhui nodded. "The ending is just so... beautiful."

He looked over at Seohyeon, a playful look on his face.

"Of course not as beautiful as you," he complimented.

Seohyeon could feel her face grow hot and flush red. Junhui always said things like that out of nowhere, and she thought she would be used to it by now. However, no matter how many times he complimented her, she couldn't get over it. The way he would just say it straight forward with direct eye contact- it made Seohyeon's heart race uncontrollably. His constant praising and showering of compliments made her feel so flustered, yet it also made her feel good inside.

Seohyeon quickly cleared her throat and pointed over towards the Training Center.

"O-oh look! She stammered, "We're already here!"

She awkwardly averted her gaze and began to run towards the building, making Junhui chuckle as he watched her dash away.

"She's so cute," he mumbled to himself. He took a deep breath in before running after her to catch up.

"Hey! Wait for me!"

_________

Jeonghan slowly paced back and forth, examining each recruit. The students stood side by side in a perfectly straight line, almost as still as dolls. Each had a serious determined expression, which only made Jeonghan nod with satisfaction.

"Okay kids," Jeonghan began, slowly pacing back and forth, "Today's the first day of your official training for Operation..."

He thought for a moment and looked back at Jisoo, who was sitting on one of the benches behind the chosen recruits.

"What's the name of our operation again, Shua?"

Jisoo shrugged. "We don't have one."

"We don't have one!" Jeonghan continued. "Anyways I, Jeonghan, will be your instructor for today."

He flashed a proud grin before taking a bow, allowing the other students to clap for him. One student, however, simply raised his hand to ask a question. When Jeonghan stood up straight once again and saw the hand, his smile fell to an annoyed frown.