9

{ D - 171 }

"Soonyoung, there is no way I'm working with these children," Jihoon scowled as the two stood in front of the Childcare Center.

"We don't have a choice," Soonyoung pleaded, "Our newest recruit volunteers in there and we need to convince him to join our team!"

Jihoon groaned as he trudged behind Soonyoung into the building. Once they got inside, they were greeted by the sound of screaming children and the smell of clean baby powder. They walked over to the front desk, signing a few papers that would allow them to volunteer for the day. Once they were done filling out the wavers, the were directed towards the male changing rooms, where they changed into grey colored vests that were supposedly "vomit-proof."

"Of all the places he had to volunteer at, it had to be here?" Jihoon muttered, slipping on the vest, "Why didn't he volunteer at, like, the Health Center or something? I mean he is skilled in medicine and everything."

"I don't know. Why don't you ask him when we find him?" Soonyoung grinned, making Jihoon threaten him with a punch.

They entered inside the Childcare Room, where all the children were running around and playing with all sorts of toys. Soonyoung was immediately put to work in the kitchen, where they prepared the children's Second Meals. Meanwhile Jihoon was assigned to help take care of the four-year-olds with other volunteer workers.

"Good luck!" Soonyoung told him as he made his way to the kitchen, "You'll need it."

The sound of his laugh echoed down the hallway and into the kitchen, leaving jihoon with dozens of menacing kids. He scanned the room, looking for the recruit he needed to speak with. His eyes widened with excitement once he saw a young blonde-haired boy sitting down on the floor with a few children, smiling as he cradled a little boy in his lap as they stacked up little building blocks together with the others.

Jihoon glanced around the room before subtlety making his way over to where the young man was, greeting the boy and the other kids with a bow. The young boy looked up at him and his eyes began to sparkle with delight, his smile growing wider.

"Look everyone!" He said cheerfully to the little group of children he was watching, "We have a new volunteer! Everyone say, 'hello sir!'"

The little children turned around and looked up at Jihoon, all saying "Hello sir!" like the volunteer told them to. Jihoon forced a smile on his face, waving at all of them. He quietly sat down on the floor next to the other volunteer worker, immediately being bombarded with children begging to play with him.

"Welcome to Childcare," the volunteer greeted, "I'm Seungkwan; it's nice to see someone new come in and play with the kids."

"I'm Jihoon," the older introduced himself, now cradling a little girl in his lap.

Seungkwan smiled before looking down at the little boy in his lap. The child was now hiding his face in Seungkwan's grey vest, clutching onto the older's clothes tightly.

"What's wrong, Doyoung?" Seungkwan asked, but the young boy only nuzzled his face even more.

Seungkwan chuckled, scooping Doyoung up to look him in the eye.

"I know you're shy when you see new people, but remember, these people are nice! They're here to play with you."

Seungkwan looked at Jihoon, slightly hinting at him to say something. Jihoon took the hint and nervously scooted closer to them. He leaned in closer to look at Doyoung.

"Hi, D-Doyoung," Jihoon stammered. He looked down at what Doyoung was holding in his hands, a toy bicycle.

"Do you like bicycles?" Jihoon asked with a smile, "the one you're holding is very nice."