*Chapter 4* - Heartbreak

*Emily P.O.V.*

How could he do that? Think that I actually had wanted to give him a chance when I knew how he was, I was so stupid but I had convinced myself that since Lucas now knew that his mate was nearby, he had forgotten all other women. As if that was even possible for him, once a man whore always a man whore. And I was done making a fool of myself because of him, I would never let him know that I was his mate if he found out, it would be the same as asking for heartbreak. I knew I wouldn’t be strong enough to fight him if he really wanted me, but I also knew that when I wasn’t a challenge any longer , Lucas would move on, leaving me with a broken heart. I was interrupted in my thoughts as Clarina stuck his head inside.

"Emily? What's going on? Lucas just got here, and it is clear that you haven’t told him anything."

She said. I had told her this morning that I had made ​​up my mind, that I would be honest with him. I bit my lip and blinked repeatedly with the lashes to prevent tears to escape, I wouldn’t cry over him, I should be happy that I had found him in that situation, at least now I knew that he hadn’t changed, and hadn’t made ​​a fool out of myself by throwing myself at him. But Amy my wolf was devastated that her mate had cheated her, by being with someone else, and her and my feelings was one big chaos.

"I changed my mind ... I’m not going to tell Lucas... My first instinct was correct, and I stick to it."

I coldly say, I saw how Clarina stiffened by my cold tone then she frowned. But she came and sat beside me on the bed and put her arm around me.

"Don’t do this, Emily, don’t close of your feelings. I know it seems like the easiest to pretend that nothing affects you, but trust me, hiding you feelings will just worsen the situation. Talk to me, tell me what happened, I promise that it stays between us, but please tell me. When you left here this morning, you were optimistic, and it seem like you couldn’t wait to see Lucas, and now you're sad and Feeling depressed, what has happened since this morning? "

She asks confused, and I utters a joyless laughter.

"What has happened is that I saw Lucas ... I saw him with his head buried in another woman's neck."

Clarina surprised escrow her eyes.

"But ... he has been so keen to find you, his mate ... are you sure you didn’t misread that?"

She asks hopefully. But I shake my head.

"No, there was nothing to misunderstand. I saw my deceiving mate with the arms around another woman, and since his head was buried in her neck, there was no doubt that it was a very intimate situation I was going to interfere."

I said, and felt the first tears breaking free and running down my cheeks. This caused me to break, and the waterworks started, and I crying threw myself at Clarina. There silently tried to comfort me. She knew that I wasn’t interested in a whole lot of platitudes about that everything would be alright, that I would find love and be happy. She knew that I just needed to get it out of my system. After about half an hour where I had been crying constantly, I was contacted via our link by my brother.

*Listen Emily, would you please come down to my office, me and Lucas have something we want to ask you.*

I froze in Clarina's embrace, and she looked at me surprised.

"Matthew wants me to come down to his office where Lucas also is ..."

I say frightened. Clarina looks at me sadly before she takes a deep breath, and say.

"Tell him we're out on a walk."

I know this is hard for her, to lie to her mate. But that she is willing to do so, to prevent me from getting hurt, tell me just how lucky I am to have her as a friend. I smile sad but grateful to her before I give the message to my brother. I can sense that he gets surprised, but I shut our link before he can ask more. Clarina look at me before she gently wipes away the tears from my cheeks. She really is the perfect Luna for our pack so kind and understanding, and knows how to act in situations when a member of our pack is sad. Somehow she always managed to her to reverse the person's mood. But I can see that she is really confused about this, it can’t be easy being the only one who knows that I am her mates best friend's mate, without the opportunity to say anything.

I just don’t understand ... Right now Lucas is down in Matthews office with a list of names, which, very likely, have his mates name ... Why would he come here a moment after being with another woman, to look for his mate? It doesn’t makes sense."

I shrug.

I do not know, but I know what I saw, and there was no misunderstanding there, and I will not look for excuses for him. I will not do this to myself. We are not even fully mates, but to see him with another woman almost crushed my heart, I can’t let him finish the task by letting him and believe in him, just to be disappointed when he cheats again."

"I'm really sorry Emily, I feel it's my fault. I urged you to give him a chance. Even though you had told how you saw him, I thought guess I didn’t really believe you, since I have only seen his friendly and mischievous side. I really thought that he would be a good mate. But you're right, don’t give him the chance to destroy you completely. But you must promise me that even if you have been hurt, don’t let this experience make you give up love completely. You’re a great girl and you really deserved to have someone who can worship you, and love you more than his own life."

I smile gently to Clarina, and nods.

"You're right, I have to admit right now I don’t believe that I can bring myself to take the chance and letting someone in, but hopefully I will eventually give a man a chance."

Clarina softly laughs before she pulls me into a hug.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Photo of Clarina at the side

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*