*Chapter 22* - meeting the parents

A/N: I'm sorry it's been so long, I thought I had published chapter 22, but wattpad had decided to delete it again, and the last couples of days wattpad have delete everything I wrote. But now I hope it succeeds. Hope you enjoy chapter 22.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"Come in, princess."

Quickly I opened the door, and when Lucas rolled his chair slightly away from the desk, I went and sat on his lap. Lucas buried his nose in my neck while he caressed my hair, as he knew I loved.

"What’s on your mind princess?"

He asked softly with a thorough look at me, but with a gentle smile. I looked nervously up at him while I bit my lip.

"Iwanttovisitmyoldpack.”

I exclaimed quickly, and almost fell over the words, which also got Lucas to look at me in astonishment.

"What was that princess?"

He asked, I took a deep breath before I again said, this time slowly.

"I want to visit my old pack."

Lucas looked surprised, before he came with a regretful outbreak and pulled me closer into his embrace.

"God princess, I'm sorry, you shouldn’t have to ask me about that, as your mate I should know your wishes and make them come true before you realize them. I have failed by not even seeing that you wanted to visit your friends and family, I have failed you as a mate and ..."

I interrupted him by grabbing his face in my hands and looked into his eyes before I gave him a gentle kiss.

"Stop it Lucas, you haven’t failed as a mate, I couldn’t wish for a better mate than you. And I have loved these two weeks with you, and I wouldn’t change thing. So drop that shit about you have failed as a mate. Yes I miss my family, but it's not like I haven’t been able to survive the last two weeks."

I say gently, but can see the doubt still lurking in his eyes.

"Stop it Lucas if I had wanted to visit them before, I had told you immediately, so how would you be able to know it when I didn’t even know it myself at the time. You're the perfect mate as any woman could ever dream of, so never doubt yourself to be suitable as my mate, because I’m not."

I say lovingly, and I see how the smile slowly spreading on Lucas' face before he pulls me into him and once again bury his head by my neck where he gently kisses his mark, and I can’t withhold a moan and feel how Lucas smile before he pull his head back and looks at me.

"Thanks princess, I will spend the rest of my life to thank the Moon Goddess that she chose you to be my mate."

He kissed me softly before he's still with me in his arms stand up, so he has me in his arms bridal style and heads for the door while he smiling look down at me.

"But let me make sure that you continue to think that I’m the best mate in the world, let us visit your family."

I jumped out of the car smiling before Lucas had even been parked, and ran up to the front door, that got opened before I even could grab the handle, and I was drawn into my mother's arms.

"My baby girl, I have missed you."

She cried as she hold me into her as if she would never let go of me again, I heard a deep chuckle.

"Gitta give our daughter a chance to breathe, we haven’t seen her in over a month, so don’t you think we should enjoy her company rather than strangle her?"

My father laughed, before he took me out of my mother's embrace and into her own, and I hear my mother in the background.

"Anthony maybe you should listen to your own advice, I know you've missed our daughter as much as I, but at least let her and her mate get inside."

I feel an arm around my life, and when dad let go of me, I was pulled back toward Lucas' body with his hands resting on my belly and chin on the top of my head, and I felt how my body automatically adapted to his. And saw how my parents smiled at the two of us together, I felt Lucas loosened one arm and saw him give my father his hand, who took it with a piercing gaze at Lucas.

"Sir, I promise you that I will give my life to keep your daughter safe ..."

"I hope to God that you will, she will always be my little girl, and no matter how old any of us get, if you ever hurt her, I promise you I'm coming after you."

I feel Lucas nod.

"Of course, sir, would I ever hurt Emi, you have my permission to knock some sense into my head."

I saw a twinkle in my father's eyes, and knew that he had accepted Lucas as my mate, and this was confirmed when my father said.

"And Lucas my name is Anthony not sir, I’m not THAT old yet."

Once again I felt Lucas nod, and noticed how the relief swept through him, and had to withhold a smile, my big strong alpha mate had been nervous to meet my parents. I grabbed his hand when my parents went inside, and then smiling up at him.

"Why didn’t you tell me that you were nervous about meeting my parents ..."

"I wasn’t nervous about meeting your parents ..."

He started, but when he saw my eyes he sighed.

"Yeah okay, so I was a little nervous, but frankly they are your parents, and if they hadn’t accepted me, you would have to choose side, and I wouldn’t expose you to the stress."

I laughed softly and pulled him down for a kiss.

"Honestly Lucas, you have been my brother's friend your whole lives, if my parents hadn’t accepted you don’t you think you would have known already ..."

"Haha. But seriously princess, there is a difference by accept one's son's buddy and accept a man in their daughter's life."

Lucas said and I laughed quietly, prompting Lucas to pull me to him, and kiss me deeply and we only broken apart when I heard my brother exclaim.

"Hey dude keep your hands to yourself when I'm nearby, after all it’s my sister you are exchange body fluids with."

"Ehww Matthew, could you make it sound anymore disgusting."

I exclaim and hear both men laugh before they give each other that kind of bro-hug men give each other, and Lucas says happy.

"Hey man good to see you again."

"Yes, you to man, I thought you had forgotten your friends."

"I did indeed; I had something better to think about, since I spent time with my mate, your sister."

Lucas teased him, prompting Matthew to make a face before he pulled me into his arms.

"little sis I missed you ... But honestly couldn’t you have choose someone other than my best friend, you could have done so much better."

He laughed with a teasing glance at Lucas who pulls me back into his embrace.

"That’s enough Matthew, don’t give her any ideas, I know she can do better than me but she don’t have to know."

I turn my head and gives him is gentle kiss.

"I couldn’t find any better mate than you Lucas, you make me feel loved and accomplished, so how could I have asked for more."

I see how the joy spreads over Lucas’ face, and he pulls me even closer to him, and murmurs.

"I'm so glad that I make you feel that way, I will do everything that you need to feel like the princess that I think you are."

Our little emotional moment is interrupted by a happy squealing.

"Emily".And shortly after I am embraced by Clarina, and I embrace her happily again. Ever since we met for the first time, we have attached a friendship that just got better and better as time has gone.

We all went into the kitchen where my mother is in the process of putting food on the table. I enjoy being with my family again, I've missed them, and I'm glad I've got a mate who lives so close to so I can visit them whenever I want.

We were now in the process of saying goodbye to my parents, and after having received a hug from all of them, Clarina gave me a close look.

"Do you have time to be together in the morning so we can make up some of the lost."

She said with a wry smile, and I knew that she was referring to explore our powes, but before I could say anything Lucas pulled me to him and said, smiling to Clarina.

"Both you and Matthew are more than welcome to come by anytime, and if you come tomorrow, we can all spend some time together, I saw how Matthew nodded consensual, but I shook my head and looked up at Lucas with my best doe eyes, which I already knew he couldn’t resist, and said.

"Lucas, we would like to have some girl quality time. Which means just her and I."

I saw how Lucas frowned.

"But I don’t want that you are not near me. Are you already tired of me."

He asked teasingly, but I could see that he was serious, so I shook my head.

"Lucas, I will not be away from your presence, I will be on our territory, and I promise you that when Clarina go home, then you have my full attention again."

I laughed quietly and I saw how Lucas grinned before he exclaimed.

"You called it our territory."

I smiled wryly.

"Yes, isn’t that what you've spent the last several weeks to tell me that it is?"

Lucas crooked a smile and nod.

"Yes, it is also the same territory as you have spent the last weeks of calling my and not ours, so it's great that you finally seems to have accepted that it’s also your territory. But alright then, I'll let you get some time with Clarina without me interrupt all the time."

I smile happy at him and gives him a gentle kiss, which leads to a lot ohh eruption from my family, which makes me pulling back blushing with a nervous giggle that got Lucas to protective pulling me closer into his arms and muttering indifferent but soothing words against my hair, I discovered that both my brothers and my father looked at us with a look that, in lack of better words, expressed that they felt uncomfortable to the view. This made me squint and exclaim.

"Drop the expression I’m no longer the little girl you always have protected and treated like a helpless creature, I'm an adult, I can take care of myself, I don’t need some overprotective males to protect me."

This led Lucas to once again pull me closer to him before he said.

"It may well be that you can take care of yourself, but you will always have an overprotective male person who will do everything to ensure your safety, and since you believe that your father and brothers should pull back, then you have to settle with me, your mate."

He said with a twinkle in his eye that told me that although he said it in a teasing tone, he was seriously, and I made a pouting expression with dog eyes, prompting my mother and Clarina laugh, and mother exclaiming.

"Might as well give up Emily, all the women in your family have had to realize that they must accept an overprotective mate, and I promise you that you will get used to it over time, and I promise you that eventually Lucas' overprotective behavior will change itself to be protective, you will get used to it exactly like I and Clarina have done."

I look over at Clarina who smiling nods before she presses into my brother and her mate Matthew, who with a adoring gaze look down at her. And when I looked up at Lucas I saw a similar gaze directed at me, which made me feel loved and protected, and like my mother had said I actually like to have a protective mate who so clearly expressed I was his world, and he would do everything in his power to make sure that I was protected, he had shown already showed it numbers of time. I look away again on my male family members.

"Okay, I can live with one overprotected male, but you have to get use to see me in Lucas' arms, he's my mate and I will not stop giving and receiving small expressions of how much we love each other just because you are uncomfortable about it."

Both my father and youngest brother Simon nods, and I can see that they have to get use to it but that they will end up accepting it. But when I get eye contact with Matthew, he draws on the shoulders and gives me a crooked smile.

"Honestly little sis as you said I have always been somewhat protective of you, and having to divert my mind from seeing you as my little baby sister to an adult woman with a mate. And as that isn’t enough, then your mate my best friend, you can’t expect me to be able to unaffected watch my little sister and my best friend are intimate in front of me. "

This leads me to squint and exclaim.

"Intimate. We’re not going to have sex in front of you. But you have to get used to that we give each other small expressions of our emotions such as small kisses and caresses."

Matthew looks bewildered at me.

"Sex! What the hell! You can’t be having sex, you’re not old enough."

This announcement caused me to lose the jaw, but before I had formulated an answer, Clarina said.

"Honestly Matthew drop the double standards, of course, they have sex, they are mates, and very new mates. Probably they have had a hard time keeping their hands off each other while being here, just as we had as new mates."

This got Matthew to look understanding before he teasingly said to Clarina.

"I still have difficult to keep my hands of you for a long period of time."

He said before laughing kissed the now blushing Clarina. Then he looks at me and Lucas again.

"Okay, I can see that my mate is right, and of course I am happy that you are happy together, but I have to get use to see you together. It does not mean that I am not happy that you’re mates, cause I am, especially because I know that Lucas will treat you like a queen. But you should know Lucas that if you hurt my little sister, I’m going to smash you so hard, that even you ant sisters can fell it, and then it does not matter that you are my best friend."

Lucas nodded in agreement.

“Of course I will do everything in my power to make Emi happy, and should I in any way make her unhappy, I will let you smash me."

This makes us all laugh.

So when I and Lucas leaving my childhood home it’s with a smile on our lips. When we have been driving a little I pushed over and pressed myself against Lucas' side and with a smile he lays an arm around me and kisses me on the hair.

"Thank you for coming with me today, it was so cozy, and you had nothing to be nervous about, they accepted you to be their little girl's new protector."

I said with a small grin, causing Lucas to look at me with a challenging gaze.

"I'm glad you’re not nervous to meet my parents when they come home from their vacation in a few days."

This leads to me stiffen, I haven’t thought of meeting his parents. Of course I have met them before since Lucas and Matthew have been friends for life, but having to meet them as their son's mate makes it into something completely different. My expression obviously betrays my thoughts; Lucas laughs quietly and grabs my hand.

"See its nerve-racking having to meet the parents even though you already know them. But don’t worry they love you already and they will love you even more as my mate, I promise you."

He says before he gently lifts my hand up to his mouth before he gently lies my hand down on his thighs.

"But you're right, that they have liked me before, doesn’t mean that they accept me as your mate, I mean it’s not enough that I suppose to make you happy, I will also have to help you with our pack. What if your mother, the former Luna, doesn’t think that I’m good enough to take her place, if she doesn’t trust that I can perform that role then how can she expect me to make you happy."

While I had been talking apparently Lucas had driven to the side off the road, because he grabbed me around the waist and placed me on him so I was straddling him. He gently laid his hands on my cheeks and got me to look him in the eyes.

"Emi, princess, my parents will have no doubt about how much you mean to me, and just because that sole reason they would accept you, but they will love you because you are who you are, you are the most loving, caring and trustworthy person I know, and you are perfect as my mate and this packs Luna, never doubt yourself, cause you are great, and you will make sure that I and our pack is balanced and happy."

He say before he pulls my head down for a kiss, which fast becomes deeper and more demanding, Lucas let his hands slide down and grasps my buttocks and pull my pelvis closer to his, and lowers his head to suck on my nipple through my clothes, I utters an excited moaning and move the on top of him, causing Lucas with an excited moaning to grabs my hips to stop my movements.

"God, you're driving me crazy, and if we don’t stop now, I will end up taking you in the car, and I prefer a more private place then on a road where cars drive past regularly, to show my mate how much I appreciate her."

I blush strong before I climb down from his lap and back to the passenger seat but Lucas grabs my waist and pulls me back to his side before he starts the car again.

"There is no reason for you to sit so far from me I actually like you sitting close to me."

He says gently, and I relax against him, and soon dose off.

I woke up when I was being gently lifted up, and when my eyes drift open Lucas mumbling soothing.

"Go back to sleep princess, I take you to bed.

This makes me half-heartedly muttering.

"I'm too heavy."

But relaxed against him again, and go back to sleep, only to wake up with a jerk when I hear a happy squealing before I being crushed between Lucas and a woman's body, I hear Lucas exclaim a little annoyed.

"Mom, be careful, she was actually sleeping."

And when I turned my head I saw Jean and Tobias, Lucas' parents. My eyes widen in surprise before I fighting out of Lucas's arms so I now stand on my own, but Lucas pulls me back against him, and asks in surprise.

"Mom, Dad what are you doing here? I thought you only would come home the day after tomorrow, so why are you already at home? "This causes Jean to smile big."We heard that you had found your mate, so we just had to come home and greet her. Although we were aware that we probably had met her before, but it's different when she is our son's mate."

This caused me to stiffen, which make Jean smile before she pulled me into a hug.There is nothing to worry about my girl, I have always loved you as my own, and now you are actually my daughter, I couldn’t be happier."

This got me to hug her back with a big smile, and then Tobias came over and gave me a gentle kiss on the cheek.

"I have for many years had the feeling that it was you that was my son's mate, and I know you over the past year have kept him on the distance, and I just want to say that I understand, and I think that it was right choice you make. This means that he is now even happier that you’re his."

I crooked a smile at the last comment. But Lucas looks angrily at his father.

"You mean you knew that Emily was my mate, and you didn’t tell me?"

Tobias just calmly looked at his son.

"I didn’t say I KNEW she was your mate, I said I had a FEELING. Since you were children you two have had a special unity and me and your mother has always dreamed of you and Emily being mates, But we didn’t knew anything for sure, only you an Emily would know. So stop being so made over something that what only a feeling.Tobias declaratory, and although I can see that Lucas is not completely convinced, he nods anyway.

"Sorry dad, you're right, of course, there is a reason for everything, and now I've my mate where she belongs, by my side, so I’m happy."

He says, and gives me a gentle kiss, prompting his parents to look at us with a gentle smile, before Jean exclaims.

"It's great to see that you are so fond of each other, but now we'll let you get to bed, we can see that both of you are tired, we can talk to you tomorrow."

With that, we all say goodnight before Lucas again takes me up in his arms and carries me to our room, where he put me to bed and crawl down beside me to pull me into him.