*Chapter 10* - one step closer to be accepted

* Lucas 'P.O.V. *

I frowned at her statement, she had basically turned me down, she didn’t say the words that made it a real rejection, but that was the way her thought were going.

- We have to claim her.-

- We can’t just claim her without her permission, she will never forgive us.-

- Claim her first, and beg for forgiveness afterwards, she'll forgive us. But if she first rejects us we can do nothing about it, and I will not allow your chivalry prevent us from getting our mate where she belongs. Claim her and we will always be able to find her if she tries to disappear. -

I froze, I knew I shouldn’t claim Emily without her consent. But I had to admit that Lurius had a point. Emily had already threatened to reject us, leaving us would logically be the next step, but if I had claimed her, she couldn’t be mad at me forever. My thoughts were interrupted by Emily's panicked voice.

"Please don’t do this, not like this. Please don’t claim me in a way that we both will regret. If ... When you claim me, it should be romantic, and because none of us could imagine ever being apart. Not because you let your possessive wolf gets his ways."

I stiffen, my canes right about her collarbone where I indeed was seconds from claiming her, but her voice makes me pull back from her a little to stare down at her.

"You're right, I'm sorry, but we have to talk, I assure you that I haven’t been with anyone else for 9 months, so whatever you saw, it wasn’t me who trying to screw around."

"Lucas, I said I saw you, you stood with your head buried in her neck in the middle of the sports arena."

I began to shake my head, but then stopped and smiled wryly.

"You're right, it was a little over a month ago. But I didn’t have my nose buried in her neck to try to seduce Katharina, if nothing else, I am sure that her mate wouldn’t have allowed it. But the only reason that I was with her at the sports arena that day was that I, once again, tried to find you by your scent and since you had just played sport with her, it was very prominent in her, but I knew immediately that she wasn’t the one, but I had to investigate it thoroughly to be sure. I promise you that it wasn’t more than that, I really haven’t been interested in anyone else than you the past 9 months. So at least give me a chance to make up for my past."

I looked adoringly down at her and knew that my feelings shows in my eye, but I didn’t mind. Right now I wasn’t the almighty Alpha, I was a man who would be begging on my knees to get my woman, and I would do whatever was required to get Emily to be a permanent part of my life. Emily looks investigative up on me before she slowly nodded.

"I believe you. But we still have much to talk about."

I nodded consensual, she was right, I couldn’t expect that she could just forget my past as if it meant nothing. As she had said she had always been part of my life and had heard me talk to Matthew about my conquests, and I was sure that it was not anything that was flattering, and my only excuse was that I had been young and full of hormones, but it wasn’t really an explanation, but only a form of apology. I had to rebuild her confidence in me again. I can’t help but let my eyes run over her, all the times I've dreamed of this, Emily lying under me in her birth suits, but I had never imagined that the first time I saw her naked, that it would be while we should talk. My inspection was interrupted when Emily uncomfortable said.

"Keep your eyes to yourself, it's not yours."

I look into her eyes with a twinkle in my eye.

"You're right, your body doesn’t belong to me yet, but it’s going to, I promise you. You WILL be mine, and no one else will have the right to touch you, you will be mine entirely, and you wouldn’t want anyone else. "

Emily looks strictly up to me as if she did not find my comment appropriate, but I could see the laughter she tried to detain sparkle in her eyes. But then shot flush to her cheeks, and she muttered.

"Can I be allowed to get up, so I can get some clothes on. I am not accustomed to find myself naked in a man's presence."

She said shyly, and I couldn’t help but smile crooked, and felt pride spread in me, knowing that my mate had little experience or no experience at all with other men intimately.

"Promise me you don’t going to try to run away from me. I just found you, and I will not lose you again. Promise me at least to stay, so we can talk things through."

I said imploringly, and Emily nodded and lifted a hand to gently caressing my cheek.

"I promise Lucas, I want us to figure this out together."

I grinned at her before I slowly get up from her before I offered a hand to her so I could help her up, she took it quickly, and would disappear into the cave, but I dragged her body back to mine and slowly lowered my head to give her a gentle kiss on the mouth. The sparks were there right away, much stronger than I had ever could imagine, already the first time she touched me to Matthew's party the sparking was much stronger than I had ever imagined. Of course, I had been told by other mated wolves how it feels when you touched your mate, but I never imagined it would be so much, it actually felt like an electric shock when we touched each other, but not painful shock, it was a pleasant feeling that came over you, it was hard to explain that feelings, in fact, the closest I could come to explain it, was the feeling you have just before an orgasm comes over you. And if it just by touching her made ​​me feel that way, then I couldn’t even imagine what it really would feel like if we actually were intimate together. With difficulty I pulled back slightly and looked down at Emily with a gentle smile.

"Go and get dressed into something beautiful clothes, I will not risk that someone else gets the pleasure of seeing your wonderful beautiful body. This view is exclusively for me."

I said lovingly, and saw how redness spread to Emily's cheeks once again before she quickly disappeared into the cave. Shortly after she came out again, now wearing white lace shorts and a pink shirt with white patterns, the clothes were in no way revealing, yet I had never seen anything sexier, and my body betrayed my feelings because Emily blushed before she threw some clothes at me and muttered.

"Cover up."

I softly laughed of my shy mate, but bent down anyway to see what clothes she had given me, and couldn’t restrain a growl when I saw that it was men's shorts. When I lifted my head to look suspiciously at her, Emily supercilious lifted her eyebrows.

"Seriously Lucas! The shorts belonging to my brother Simon, neither you nor your wolf can be jealous of him."

She laughs quietly, and to my surprise I feel that I blush. Because she is right, to discover that she had menswear got my jealousy to rise, and it even completely unfounded. Quickly I pulled the shorts on, so I again was acceptable covered for my shy mate, which was a feature of her I loved. I become aware of a rustling in the bushes and quickly jump in front of Emily in a protective stand, I will not let anyone take Emily from me, it may well be that I haven’t claimed her yet, but she is mine anyway, and that I have to enforce if any of the other male participants finds her. But instead of a threat enters a low dark-haired woman, she questioningly looks back and forth between me and Emily, and before she asks addressed to Emily.

"Is everything okay?"

I realize that she is protective of Emily when she smiles relieved when Emily nods, smiling. But there is no doubt that if Emily had been in trouble this young woman would have done what was in her power to prevent that something happened to her. I took a sniff, to find out if she was someone I knew, but even though her scent, coconut and pineapple, seemed familiar, I couldn’t immediately place it. But then it dawned on me.

"You are Malina. Sebastian's mate! "

I said, and saw how the woman stiffened before she turned her head to look at me.

"Probably."

I furrowed my brows confused by her cold reply, but when I looked into her eyes, I understood.

"Don’t tell me that you aren’t interested in your mate to find you. God sake this guy is dying to find you, and if he does will you just dismiss him?"

I ask astonished, and for the first time I saw uncertainty in Malina's eyes before she answers.

"I don’t know, I don’t know if I'm interested in having Sebastian as a mate. I’m going to figure it out if he find me... And only if he finds me without any help."

She says in a warning tone that makes it clear that she isn’t interested in me to give Sebastian any information about where she is. And I nodded to show I understood, and sees immediately how the relief washes over her, before she questioningly looks over at Emily.

"Have you decided to accept your mate? I don’t see any mark on your neck, but I assume that since he is here, and you don’t run away screaming, it means you don’t have cut him out of your life completely? "

I stiffen, but slowly relax when I see Emily's gentle smile.

"We still have a lot to talk through, but I hope that we can figure it out together."

I feel how the heat spreads in my chest, Emily was actually prepared to work for us to become a couple, I smiled big and receive a gentle smile back from my mate. I stayed for 3 hours with my mate and her friend, and I already felt that I and Emily had come much closer in that short amount of time. I would love to have stayed with them overnight to make sure that my mate was safe. But as you know, my mate is a little stubborn lady, and had demanded that if I actually expected to spend some time alone with her ​​in the morning, then I would allow her and Malina a little alone time so they could get a little girl talk. This was the reason that I was now back to the place I the last few days had been using as my base. Emily had promised that she would meet me here tomorrow, and we would spend the whole day together and I couln’t wait.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Picture of Emily at the side 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*