*Chapter 28* - Nothing is won without something else is lost.

A/N: And one more chapter today – that means tree in one day – It must be the Christmas spirit – HoHoHo, last chapter for today hope you enjoy.
XoXo
FriendsIsEverything

Dedicated to Emmadailey - You are the one who comment the most, and I love you for that.

*Emily's P.O.V*

It's now been three weeks since that conversation, and Lucas did as he promised and called a pack meeting to inform our members about what was really going on. And to my surprise, I had actually been right about that one we hadn’t considered had a good idea for a new combat strategy. That new strategy we have in the last 3 weeks been incorporated strategy, which hopefully would make a difference if, no WHEN the roughes striker. For there wasn’t a doubt that they will, the last few weeks there have been attacks on our neighbor packs, so my brothers and our pack has teamed up so that when the roughes attacking one of our packs then the other come as rescue which we hope it helps to confuse the roughes.

*Emi, Emi princess of hell where are you?*

I hear Lucas's panicked voice through our link.

*I am in the kitchen.*

I reply confused. And hear the relieved sigh Lucas exclaims before he with a still stressed voice says.

*The roughes attack, they are a few kilometers from the Dust pack, get all the women and children to safety down in the cave under the tree, it’s the only place that our old members don’t know about, get all down there and keep them protected.*

I stiffen, we are under attack, but ...

*What about Clarina and the women and children from the Dust pack, they don’t have any secret places, can’t you send them over here?*

There is silent for a moment, then he answers.

*I have said it to Matthew who sent the message to Clarina. Be safe Princess.*

*You to.*

I reply before I notice that he closes the link to me and I know it’s because he don’t want me to know what is going on during the match. Quickly I get women and children guided down into the cave, but Sofia is hard to persuade to get down with us.

"I can fight, the idiots killed my mate, I will not just sit and do nothing while they attacks and kill others mate to, I can help, I have nothing to lose, but I can make sure that no other lose their mate, don’t demand of me to just sit here and wait, wait for others to lose their mates. You don’t know how painful it is; I can’t sit and hear women screaming when they lose their mates when I maybe could have helped to prevent it."

She says it's the first time since she lost Carl that I experience her so bright, but I can’t let her do as she wants, she doesn’t think clearly, and she haven’t trained with the others so she can risk damaging everything we have planned.

"No Sofia, the rules are that women who haven’t trained for combat seek protection ..."

I Begin, but is angrily interrupted by Sofia.

"I will not fucking seek protection, I will help ..."

"You help by staying away, you haven’t trained with them, I can’t let you go out there and put others in danger if they try to protect you, so you stay here."

"You can’t decide what I should ..."

I had hoped that I could avoid this, but I can feel that it is necessary for not expose her or any others to danger, so I use my Luna voice, as members of my pack can’t but follow.

"Sofia, get down the cave and sit with the others and wait till we get told otherwise."

I can see that she's trying to fight it, but eventually she bends her head and do as she’s told. I look at her with sad eyes, I didn’t like to command her to do something, but she still doesn’t think clearly, she was only interested to revenge her mate, and it could be dangerous. Now Clarina come with the children and women from her pack, and we got them quickly looked down into the cave with my pack, then me and Clarina as the last climb down before we close the door.

"The roughes have arrived"

Malina says flatly, I see how the light in her eyes disappear, and know Sebastian just closed their link. We all sit completely still; we all have someone we are nervous for. Yet Madeleine came over to me, and looks with a crooked smile down at me.

"Well Luna, are you satisfied with life?"

I look suspiciously at her, I know that there is something she wants. So I groan irritated.

"Madeleine, I have always been aware that you don’t know how to behave, but that you are trying to create problems while our men are in combat, is more than what I had imagined."

This gave Madeleine an angry look in her eyes before she smiled grimly.

"I just think that it was my right as a member of your pack, making my Luna aware of that her dream world only exists in her imagination. Haven’t you noticed that your mate doesn’t spend as much time with you as before?"

There sounds angry outbursts from the other women who are with us, but I'm just smiling at them before I again look at Madeleine, this time with a clearly annoyed look.

"Listen, why don’t you just say what you have in mind, and what you hope will destroy my faith in my mate, I don’t want to play the game cat and mouse with you."

This gets Madeleine too angrily grit her teeth before she sharpens.