*Chapter 25* - The Moon Goddess

*Emily's P.O.V.*

It's now been three weeks since Carl was killed, and all in the pack do what they can to make Sofia get through the loss, and yesterday she started to move out from the room, but she still looked like a walking ghost. But at least now she was among people instead of shutting herself off, and it was one step forward.

It was obvious that whoever had sent the letter, and had killed Carl still weren’t satisfied, the last 3 weeks, 3 pack members died, one from our pack and 2 from my brother's pack and 11 have been wound. And still we had no idea why or who did it, what was the reason for all these assaults. But it also meant that security had been quadrupled. But after much persuasion I had managed to convince Lucas to let me and Clarina leave the pack house if we promised to contact him or Matthew each 5 minutes, and this was only after we had shown them where we would be, and either Lucas or Matthew went with us every day to check that there weren’t any intruders near before with a reminder to keep in touch left us to give us a little time together. We had said that we as Lunas had to talk with one another sometimes, to be able to overcome all the expectations placed upon us, and to learn from each other to become a better Luna, we both knew that none of our mates would let us exercise our powers if they knew it tapped us for energy, so we kept it for ourselves. But I and Clarina had met at least every other day, to improve our forces. Right now we are both on the ground, completely exhausted, we've learned how our powers worked, but from there and to be able to use our powers without completely draining ourselves of all energy, we hadn’t quite mastered yet. We had otherwise did quite well today, so we had decided to try to cooperate where Clarina moved a stone, and I got the ground to disappear under it, or around it, That we had done twice, and that’s why we now both lay staring up at the blue sky, to get our energy back. I turned my head to say something to Clarina, but a bright light blinded me, and when I reopened my eyes, before us there stood a brown and white wolf and behind the wolf, there was an unearthly beautiful dark-haired woman with a small dark brown pup in her arms.She smiled gently down to me and Clarina, and I was confused about the proud gaze she actually had in her eyes. Clarina looked worried at me with a questioning look, but I just shrugged, because I didn’t understand what was happening, who was this woman. I knew that I supposed to be worried, perhaps even afraid, here stood this stranger woman and a wolf, but for some inexplicable reason, I felt comfortable in her company. The woman smiled bigger and went a step closer to us, and extended a hand to me, which I accepted, and let me pull up, and then the same thing happened to Clarina. Only the woman opened her mouth for the first time.

"My children, you are right to feel confident with me, and my wolf, she is me in wolf form, unlike you werewolves here on earth, I am not constrained to choose form, I and my wolf are two different individuals. And this little guy I hold in my arms, is the symbol for all my children that I have here on earth, and as I try to keep safe."

This makes my eyes widen, can it really be true that the woman standing there in the flesh before me, truly The Moon Goddess? The woman laughs softly and nods.

"You're both right, I'm The Moon Goddess, but please call me Selene. I am so proud of you my children, you both have taken up the challenge to learn about your powers, I knew I could count on you. But I am sorry to inform you that your powers isn’t only for your security, I have given you the powers because I knew that something dark would try to take over the world of werewolves, and even with your powers there is only a small chance that 'The Dark One' can be overcome and prevent the dark to take over first the werewolf world and then the chance the rest of the world as we know it today. I already knew when you were born, you were those who most likely would be able to overpower ‘The Dark One’ when the time came. But I couldn’t know how you would develop, but I'm glad that you both have grown into some fine young women with thoughts of others, and I have over and over again been confirmed in my choice to give you the powers that give you the opportunity to take down the ‘The Dark One’. But I didn’t thought 'The Dark One' would strike this quick, I know that you have experienced losses in both pack, because of 'The Dark One', I wish I could tell you who is behind it all, but it would mean that I would change the course of things. If you’re going to save the werewolf world, you must do it yourself. But know that nothing is certain, and even if you win, you must know that nothing in this world is won without something else is lost, I just hope that both you and your packs will be able to overcome any loss. But like each winding leads to loss, then each loss also leads to some winding. The two sides belong to eternity together. But be aware that a loss isn’t always what it looks like."