*Chapter 21* - Girl time

* Emily's POV *

I walk around in the packhouse, alone, since Lucas had Alpha duties. He hadn’t wanted to leave my side, but I had assured him that I would be okay for a while.

"Emily".

I hear a high whine exclaim before a pair of arms is being thrown around me, surprised I look up and see Sofia, I smile happy for her.

"Sofia! What on earth are you doing here? "

I exclaim surprised, but Sofia just smiles extreme to me.

"I am a part of your pack now Luna, I'm the mate to one of your pack members."

"Don’t call me Luna, you have always called me Emily, so you can continue to do so. And who is the lucky guy who has you as his mate?"

I asked joyfully. I saw a look in her eyes, but it disappeared before I could figure out what it meant. And when she answers it was with a happy voice.

"Probably no one you know who is, he doesn’t have a high rank as the ones you and Malina took. But his name is Carl Johnsson and he is wonderful."

She said in a dreamy tone. I smile at her before I give her another hug.

"I'm so happy for you, and you just be glad that he isn’t a high rank, this way he have more time for you, without a lot of duties."

I say teasingly, Sofia's smile falter for a moment, but then it was back and she laughs softly.

"You're probably right. But isn’t it amazing that we ended up in the same pack, who would have thought. Do you want to go out shopping with me? There is a mall not too far from here."

I think a little about it before I nod.

"Yes I would like to, is it okay if I also invite Malina?"

Sofia hesitates for a moment before she nods.

"Of course, if I'm with the alpha female and beta female, At least I know I am well protected with all the guards your mates will require follow with you."

She says, and I'm surprised by her irritated tone.

"I am sure that we don’t going to notice the guards, but I also know that I can’t persuade Lucas to let me leave the pack house without any guards, so we just have to put up with it."

I say and Sofia nods.

"Shall we say we meet here again in 40 minutes? Then you can ask Malina and get the thumbs up from your protective mate."

I nod smiling, before going towards Lucas' office, and after a brief hesitation knocks.

"Come in, princess."

I hear Lucas call, and I smiling opened the door, and was received by a loving glance from my mate who teasingly said.

"Couldn’t you do without me anymore?"

He laughed teasingly, and I smiled happily at him.

"I actually come to ask if it's okay that I go to the Mall with Malina and Sofia?"

I saw how Lucas stiffened before he got up and came over and pulled me into him.

"I don’t know if I feel comfortable with you already leaving the packhouse. I mean it's so new between us, and I have enemies who will not stand back from hurting you to hurt me, I can’t let you go to the mall with your friends without knowing that you are well protected."

"I know, and I also understand the need to have the company of some of the warriors as bodyguards, but please let me go, I would really like to have some girl time and get to know Malina and Sofia better."

I said with a pleading look, and I could see that Lucas hesitated before he nodded.

"Okay if you really want to leave, then I will not prevent you, but I demand that you takeat least 10 guard with you."

I opened my mouth to complain about the unrealistic high numbers, but Lucas raised his hand which caused me to be silent so that he could continue.

"I let you go with five guards ..."

I look at him in surprise and exclaims.

"But you just said ..."

I was interrupted by Lucas who smiled wryly.

"As I was saying, I'll let you go with five guards ... But I also know that Sebastian doesn’t let Malina go with a smaller number of guard so ergo the total number of guards going to be 10, and if you want to go, then you has to accept it."

He said firmly, and I could tell that there was nothing that could get him to change his mind, so I nodded.

"Okay, so I have to live with it, but I hope you eventually are loosening up a bit so I don’t constantly have a whole army after me when I leave the pack house."

Lucas smiled wryly and gave me a gentle kiss.

"Don’t count on the princess, my priority will always be to protect you, and if that means I have to annoy you to guarantee that you're safe, that is the way it’s going to be."

I groan in resignation, but that there is nothing to do, so after saying we're leaving in 30 minutes and gave him a short kiss, I leave his office and go up and ask about Malina will join us

We are now all on the way towards the mall, and yes I say all, we have to drive in 3 cars because of all the guard who follow. Neither Lucas or Sebastian had been pleased when we made it clear that we girls would be driving in the same car, cause that meant that there would only be room for two guard in our car, but here we had not been to negotiate with, half the fun was the car trip to the mall and that wouldn’t have been fun driving in our own car. So after some discussion back and forth I and Malina have persuaded our mates to let us drive in the same car with the two strongest guards, Paul and Ras. When we got to the mall Sofia jumped happy out of the car.

"Come on girls, let's get some shopping done."

He smiled as she pulled us out of the car. Over the next 3 hours we had been inside of a large number of stores, and now we sat at a cafe table where we had a light lunch, with a ton of bags around us. I enjoyed this girl trip, I had rarely had the opportunity to spend a whole day together with other women in a mall, and it actually surprised me how much fun it was to spend a whole day together with Malina and Sofia, we had really just had fun as carefree women. Our conversation was interrupted when Ras gently came to us, and in a low voice said, addressing me.

"I'm sorry Luna, but it's almost time to go back, the mall is about to be filled up, and we cann’t guarantee your safety anymore with so many outsiders, so please all three of you agree to go home."

He said in a pleading voice. I first look surprised at him, I had actually forgotten that we had guards with us, but was now reminded of it again, and when I looked around I could see what Ras meant, a quick nod from Malina showed that she agreed so I smiled back to Ras.

"Of course Ras I also think we've bought enough to satisfy even the biggest shopaholic."

I said while I and Malina stood up and began to gather our shopping together.

"Well now I see what you meant by that I should count myself lucky that my mate doesn’t have a hight rank, at least I don’t need other to tell me what to do."

Sofia says with a wry smile as she also begins to collect her shopping bag together. I looked at her with furrowed brows.

"It's not like he is demanding us, he's just trying to protect us, and I am grateful to him."

Sofia look surprised up at me before she looked apologetic back and forth between me and Malina.

"I didn’t mean it as a criticism, please don’t take it as one. But I had to admit that I am happy that I, even though I have found my mate, still can go out as it suits me without my mate demand me to have security guards with. But I know it's different for you two."

She says, and both myself and Malina nods cause we actually understand what she mean.

As soon as the car stopped in our driveway back at the pack house, the car door on my side was torn open and I was embraced by Lucas.

"God princess it’s about time you get home, I haven’t been able to concentrate on anything in your absence. You are not allowed to leave me several hours again anytime soon, I simply missed you too much."

He murmured softly before he pulled me into a deep kiss, as I pleasantly answered. Cause even though I had enjoyed my girl time with my two new friends, then being away from my mate so early after we had mated had been hard.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Picture of Sofia at the side
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*