*Chapter 34* - Surprises

A/N:
I know I didn't get the seven guesses as I asked, but I didn't want to let you wait any longer - so here is next chapter. and the last one before the 
Epilogue

*Emily's P.O.V.*
I look surprised at the door and lock surprised eyes at the person standing there, it was the last person I would think came to my rescue if that actually was why she was here. Madeleine came into the room and stood above Sofia, who now lay on the floor and tried to put pressure on the bullet hole.

"You are so stupid, you believed in my play, The Moon Goddess knew you would come, and she knew you would need an assistant, so I was instructed to make it likely that I would go against my own pack for my own winning. And I must have done well, for you were more than prepared to let me in on your plans. And I must say that it was some crazy plans, but you didn’t take into account that your helper wasn’t on your side."

Did Madeleine say before she with her high-heeled shoes stepped down on Sofia's right wrist and pressed, Sofia screamed, but it didn’t sound as if it was because it hurt. And as a black mist began to ooze from the wound in her wrist, I realized that it were Sofias black magic who disappeared from her body.

"No, stop it, stop it, I need my magic."

Wailed Sofia, but Madeleine shook her head.

"You could have used your magic to good, but you chose to go down the dark road instead, so you haven’t earned your magic. Let Emily free before you are forced to do so, and we may see with friendlier eyes on you. But I will take your magic."

This gets Sofia to whet.

"Well, if you are so keen on taking my magic from me, I will use the last to at least getting some of my plan done."

She said angrily, and the dark fog around me tightened its grip, I struggled to breathe, but could feel the darkness overtake me as my consciousnesses slowly disappear. But before that happened, the door was again kicked open, and in came my mate, and several pack members, quickly was Lucas at my side.

"No Princess, you don’t do this, not again. I just got you back, and you said that it was safe for me to leave you, that you would be safe."

I looked up at him and tried to show him all my love, but was distracted when I heard Sebastian yell.

"Take her."

Out of the corner of my eyes I saw them grab Madeleine, and I shook my head.

"No, no ... Not her, it is Sofia, Sofia is 'The Dark One’'"

After a confused look on me, Lucas makes it clear that they must let go of Madeleine and instead take Sofia. But before they leave the room, Madeleine exclaims.

"Make sure that the wound on her wrist stays open, otherwise she can collect her magic again."

The guards look at her in astonishment, yet they nod before leaving the room. Lucas gently picked me up from the floor, and after Sofia's magic has loosened its grip on me, I feel how my consciousnesses slowly come back. I smile up to Lucas that looks eased down on me.

"You have got some color back in your cheeks, but we have to get checked your wounds, though they don’t bleed anymore, it is clear that the wounds are deep, and they need to be cleaned."

I nod slightly, and while Lucas is busy mind linking, I extend my hand toward Madeleine, who reluctantly accept it.

"Thank you. You saved my life, haven’t you arrived when you did, I wouldn’t have survived. I apologize for the way I treated you."

This gets Madeleine to smile crooked and shake her head.

"You don’t need regret, I deserved it all, I was awful, but I had to give you a reason to hate me, and what better way to do it, than to very publicly say that I want your mate, and would do everything to get him."