*Chapter 26* - members leaving their pack!?

A/N: Merry Christmas everybody hope you enjoy your holiday
Dedicate to butterfly5351 - I just loved you comment.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

*Emily's P.O.V*

As soon as we came out of the woods Lucas and Matthew came running towards us.

"Don’t do this to us again. You promised you would keep in touch."

They both said resentfully, with a worried look in their eyes. I looked at Clarina who nodded discreetly to me, and I cleared my throat before I said.

"I know, but you have to forgive us, The Moon Goddess approached us."

This caused both men to stare at me in astonishment before Matthew grinned.

"The Moon Goddess? Yeah okay, it was a new form of excuse I can …"

Clarina interrupted him irritated.

"It's not an excuse that was happened; she came to us, and warned us about someone who she called 'The Dark One'. It is him or her who has caused all of the things that has happened lately."

This make Matthew to look at her in surprise, but now it's Lucas's time to look at me questioningly.

"Is it true? Did you really meet The Moon Goddess?"

I nodded.

"Yes, and as Clarina told, Selene, The Moon goddess told us about 'The Dark One', it’s he or she who is behind the attacks on our packs. She also told that to save the werewolves world from going over to the darkness, we must overcome this person. Then she said something strange which I think is perhaps a kind of code, she said. >But know that nothing is certain, and even if you win, you must know that nothing in this world is won without something else is lost, I just hope that both you and your packs will be able to overcome any loss. But like each winding leads to loss, then each loss also leads to some winding. The two sides belong to eternity together. But be aware that a loss isn’t always what it looks like.<. Do you have you any idea what it might mean? "

Both men look petrified at me without responding, it was Lucas who first breaks the silence.

"It really is the truth, The Moon Goddess talked to you?"

"Didn’t you hear anything of what I just said?"

I asked annoyed. Which make Lucas smile.

"Yes, I heard what you said, and no I don’t know what she said could mean. But I'm just surprised that she shown herself to you. There are legends about The Moon Goddess has shown herself to some of her children, but that hasn’t happened for the last 100 years or so. You know how great it is that she has shown herself to you?"

He asks with an excited facial expression.

"Lucas, we can’t tell this to anyone, we don’t know who we can trust, and if 'The Dark One' hears that we have spoken to The Moon Goddess, who know what the person will do."

This gets Lucas to nod understanding.

"You're right, it's a great thing that she has talked to you, but it can also expose you to danger, we keep it between the four of us, there is no reason to tell others about it."

I smile happily that they understand the need to keep it a secret from our packs. But my smile disappears when I get to see my mate and brother again, and I squints my eyes.

"Okay what’s going on? You are more serious now than you were when we left an hour ago. So what is going on?"

I ask with a thorough look back and forth between them, and therefore see the look they send each other. Matthew looks at me and with a slightly exasperated tone of voice he says.

"You're right, we have had contact with Alphas from the nearest packs and they also have experienced injuries pack members causes roughes. In addition, there are several packs that have had a decrease in their number, as members voluntarily choose to leave their pack. The persons who have given an explanation, saying all the same, that they have been offered an undeniably opportunity that will mean compensation for them. But none of the Alphas has found out what this opportunity is all about. But with our packs and the nearest 8 packs a total of 81 members who have left their packs, and it is a cause for concern, such a large number that are roughes make our alarm bells ringing, there is something on the way and we have to be prepared for whatever it is."

Both I and Clarina stare at him in astonishment, we both know that so many werewolves who voluntarily choose to become roughes, something that no ordinary werewolf will do voluntarily, since it means that you are not welcome on any territorial areas, and violation of this can result in death. Additionally as roughes also alone against all others, and can’t rely on others. So that 81 people have chosen to leave their pack for this life instead, is unimaginable. And something must have given them the desire to take this step, and any persons who could persuade others to do so, couldn’t be anything else then evil, and I couldn’t help thinking that it was 'The Dark One' who was to blame for this, it was him who was the cause to so many members left their pack. But what on earth would 'The Dark One' have to offer to all those individuals to make them go over to his side. Lucas had been looking at me nodded and exclaimed.

"Exactly, that what we were thinking too, what could 'The Dark One' offer, to persuade all of them over to his side? What has persuaded members who, in some cases, have been a part of their old pack for over 70 years to leave the same pack without explanation?"

The silence grew in the room, we all four knew that whatever going on it wouldn’t be good.”