*Chapter 15* - Want to keep you safe

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to *emmadailey* cause her comments, a little means a lot so thank you.

* Emily's P.O.V. *

I looked down at my sleeping mate who was lying next to me. I can’t believe that Lucas Steel actually is my mate, and that he will do everything in his power to make me happy. How could I possibly doubt that he would be a dedicated mate, but it surprises me that he openly shows the tenderness he feels for me, I have always assumed that my mate would only show his feelings when we were alone, but I love this open and loving side of Lucas. My thoughts get interrupted, as there is a knock at the door to my room, I feel how Lucas stiffens, and know that even in his sleep he is aware of any threats, I mutter soothing words, causing him to re-relax again, and once again go back to sleep. When I again look towards the door, I see Clarina standing just inside with a happy smile, she walks up to me and gives me a warm hug.

"I'm so glad you're awake, and you've got Lucas to sleep, he was about to bite my head off every time I suggested it."

She laughs quietly, and I laugh with her. Clarina look down at me with a smile, but then get serious.

"But seriously, are you okay?"

She asks, and I nod.

"Yes I'm fine. Do you know about Malina? I hadn’t got to ask Lucas about her, and I'm worried about her."

Clarina smile.

"Don’t worry, Malina was fine the day after. She keep to talk about which miracle it was that the earth suddenly disappeared beneath her, she is sure that..."

Her words fade out, and she looks at me questioningly.

"Emily? Do you know anything about it, I mean how it happened? "

She asks, I look at her in surprise.

"What would I know, it's not like I can get something like that to happen."

Clarina nods as if she had got an answer to one of her questions, and she smiles at me with raised eyebrows.

"Like I can’t get my hands to light up, and keep enemies at bay. But it was what happened when I and Matthew were held captive. So I know that everything is possible."

I look at her in surprise, that's right, her mate Matthew had told me that the only reason that nothing more had happened while they were captured was because of Clarina mysteriously suddenly had an unknown power that meant that she with her hands could keep people at a distance. I had forgotten about that, but maybe she was right, if she could to that without knowing she had powers like that, then why shouldn’t I for some inscrutable reasons could get earth to disappear, I shook my head, I couldn’t believe that such a thing was possible, it has to have been a coincidence that both time the earth had disappeared had been when I had wished for it to happen. I look at Clarina.

"It have to be a coincidence, I mean I've never heard of anyone who can control the earth, so the two times it actually happened exactly when I wish for it, first under Melanie and then Malina, It had to have been a coincidences."

Clarina raised her eyebrows and smiled wryly.

"Did this earth disappear under Melanie? Well done have always found her kind of annoying ... But seriously Emily have you ever heard of anyone with glowing hands who can hold a bunch at a distance?"

When I shook my head, she continued.

"The fact that you haven’t heard of it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. Maybe when you are completely healthy again, we could try to see if we actually have any powers if we are in possession of them or whether it is just something that happens when we really need it. I would like to exercise my powers but Matthew doesn’t want it because he thinks it might be dangerous for me, but if I have such power then I want to know how I can use them if it gets necessary."

She says seriously and I nod, she's right.

"It can’t hurt to try and see if it actually is our power. But as you say Matthew don’t want you to practice them and I'm pretty sure that Lucas will have the same opinion, so we have to keep this to ourselves."

Clarina smiles and nods, but before we get to say more I feel Lucas pulling me closer to him before he buries his nose in my neck before he slowly opened his eyes and he looks lovingly into mine.

"Good morning Princess..."

He stiffens, and with a warning growl he leap over me before he looks to the side where Clarina are sitting, he looks surprised from her to me before he with an annoyed expression says.

"See that's why I wouldn’t sleep, I can’t protect you when I sleep. I have even observed that someone came into the room, what if it hadn’t been Clarina but someone hostile, I could have lost you again."

And then I understand that it’s himself he is annoyed at, because he believes he has failed to protect me. Lovingly I let my finger through his hair, and sees how his eyes shut half while he enjoying my caresses.

"Had it been someone hostile you have protected me. You observed that she came in, but I got you calmed down and assured you that there wasn’t any danger. I am sure that if I hadn’t been comfortable with the person who entered, you would immediately have been awake and alert. So drop the idea that you can’t protect me in you sleep, I feel comfortable with you and I know that you will always protect me."

Lucas smiles big at me, and says while he gently pushes my hair behind my ear.

"I'm so glad you feel that way, it’s going to be my life's work from now on to protect you. I will do everything in my power to make sure that you will always be safe."

"I know Luc, you have proven that over and over already. I am lucky that the moon goddess gave me you as my mate."

I see how happy my words make him and can’t stop smiling.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Picture of Emily at the side

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*