*Chapter 14* - Losing her wolf

***This chapter is dedicated to black-wolf101 cause her comment at last chapter make me smile***

*Emilys P.O.V.*

Beep…. Beep….Beep.

I moaned, what was that annoying sound, could someone please just get it to stop. I felt a hand gently squeezing my hand, and heard Lucas' voice.

"Come on, Emily, came back to me, we just found each you can’t just leave me like this, please princess open your beautiful eyes for me."

His voice sounds strange, tearfully in a way, but I don’t understand why, I’m trying to do as he says and opening my eyes, but to my surprise my body don’t react, I start to panic, what in the world is going on, why I can’t move.

"Alpha Steel, you have to give your mate time, hopefully her wolf's gonna heal her, but she is only going to wake when her wolf think it’s safe."

I hear a strange voice say.

"She has been in a coma for 1 week now, and there is no logical explanation for it. They also strangle Malina and she nearly died of it, but she's fine now, so why don’t Emily wake up."

Malina! It all comes back to me, the two strangers, assault, attempted murder, Marc tried to claim me against my will. It all came back and I felt my body began to spasm.

"What's happen?!"

I hear Lucas exclaim frantically. And shortly after I notice a lot of hands around me who press and examine me all over, and as fast as the spasms began, just as quickly they disappeared again. And I hear again the unknown voice say.

"It looks like the stage a wolf goes through when our human body and wolf can’t cooperate when the human body is trying to exterminate the wolf."

For a long time there is silence around me then I hear Lucas.

"You mean there is a chance that Emily is going to lose her wolf?"

"I'm afraid that the symptoms are there, but nothing is certain, anything can happen, but it would be a good idea if you begin to consider if you still want her as your mate if she is completely human, because there is a high probability that’s happening, it also explains why she has been in a coma for so long in relation to her injuries."

There is a silence around me. Losing Amy? How? Why? Why would my human body suddenly try to exterminate Amy, it makes no sense at all, me and Amy have been together since I as 6-year-old for the first time shifted, I can’t live without Amy. And if I am no longer a werewolf, how can I expect Lucas to still want me as a mate, the voice is right, I won’t be the same as a human being.

*Lucas's P.O.V.*

Why should this happen, why, we just found each other, Emily has finally accepted me, and now we have to face difficulties once again. Emily will die if she loses her wolf, I know she love her wolf and can’t imagine living without her. I feel the anger burst through me at the doctor's comment to consider whether or not I still want her as a mate if she loses her wolf, what kind of crap is that to say, I love my mate, and that won’t chance whether she has a wolf or not. I feel Lurius tremble, he remembers the times when we have run together with Emily's wolf Amy, and he loved it. But he agrees with me that even if Emily were to lose Amy, she will still be our mate and we will never turn our back to her. She belongs with us, and even if it should take us several years to convince her about that it’s going to be her and me for the rest of our life, I won’t  let her leave me because of something that is beyond our control. I once again takes Emily's hand, and lay my head down on her stomach with my eyes closed, enjoying the feeling of her stomach goes up and down, which is proof that despite her quiet and still position, she is still alive. I lie like that and just pray that she will make it through this, she will come back to me.

I am disturbed in my sleep, by something running through my hair, I shake my head, but after a minute it's back, but this time I felt the sparkling. Quickly I lifted my head, and look up at my mate, my smiling mate. I gasped, she was awake, quickly I pulled her into my arms.

"God Emily, princess, you came back to me."

I mumble against her neck, and hear her laugh softly while she still runs her finger through my hair, which to my surprise actually was a movement I enjoyed it showed the love she had for me, at least that what I feel from her gentle caress, I lift my head and look into her eyes as she gently says.

"I wasn’t as ready to leave you."

I look up at her, and know that my eyes glisten with tears, but I don’t care, I've got my mate back. Slowly I lower my head and give her a gentle kiss, but when I want to pull back, Emily grab a hold of my neck and pulls me back and make the kiss deeper, I smile against her mouth, love that it is her who for the first time take the initiative to deepen our kiss, but even though I like it, Lusius is reluctant to surrender his dominance for her, so instinctively I dominance the kiss, but it doesn’t seems that my little mate mind. We were interrupted by one who cleared his throat behind us, quickly I put myself in a protective position in front of Emily, I wouldn’t risk that she got injured again. But both I and my wolf relaxing when we discover that it is the doctor who came into the room with a nurse, he smiles at Emily before he steps around me and grabs her hand, I can’t withhold a growl, neither I nor Lurius is content with another man touching our mate, but the doctor just looks at me over his shoulder before he once again looks at Emily.

"It's good to see you with open eyes Luna, you made ​​us a little worried there."

As soon as he said Luna, I relaxed a little, it was a commitment of respect that the doctor gave to reassure me. I saw Emily smile to the doctor before she answered.

"Sorry doc, I didn’t mean to make you all worried."

The doctor laughs at her answer.

"Of course we are concerned when our upcoming Luna suddenly decides to get a long beauty sleep."

I look annoyed at him, annoyed that he acts so calm at those concerns we've been through while she was in a coma. Emily who apparently could read my facial expressions, made ​​an exaggerated pouting expression, and as a parody of the women who deliberately trying to be sexy, she twisted her hair around a finger.

"Don’t you agree with the doctor that I've got a good beauty sleep, don’t you think I'm a huge beauty after my sleep?"

Her parody made ​​me smile before I leaned forward and kissed her gently, while I murmured against her mouth.

"You were a beauty before your beauty sleep. So there is no reason to take more of the beauty sleep, you understand."

I saw how Emily blushed at my compliment, and I couldn’t help but laugh softly before I once again gently said.

"You have to get used to receiving compliments, I will the rest of our lives tell you how amazing I think you are."

I said and gave her an affectionate kiss. I turned my head when I heard the door, and saw the nurse who had take cared of Emily while she had been her, she looked down at Emily and smiled. 

"Good morning Emily, my name is Trina and I'm your nurse, it's nice to see you have woken up, your man here didn’t want to leave your side in the week you've been in a coma, so hopefully now that you're awake, you can get him persuaded to go home and get a proper night's sleep in a bed for once instead of sitting next to your bed and take some minutes here and there."

She smiled, and I winced under Emily's gaze.

"Lucas, have you been here all week?"

When I gently nodded, she continued.

"But you can’t, you are the Alpha of your pack, you have to think of them, as Alpha you have to be strong, and you're not if you're not rested."

She says, and I can’t keep a smile back at her motherly care. But I let the smile fall as I say.

"I know, therefore it is my Beta, Sebastian who takes care of our pack right now. I wouldn’t be very useful when I knew you were here helpless, I couldn’t bring myself to leave you, you're my mate and you have to get used to that I'm a little overprotective sometimes, cause that’s not going to chance."

Emily raises her eyebrows and mumble.

"Sometimes!"

I hear the nurse laughing in the background, but I just squints my eyes while I look at Emily.

"You have to learn to live with it. I will always let you come first, and if that means that I sometimes going to protect you more than you think is necessary, then there is nothing to do about it."

Emily smiles and nods before she says.

"But you also have to understand that I will protect you, Lucas, you are really worn out, go home and get some rest, I will still be here when you get back."

She smiles, but I shake my head.

"I can’t sleep without you. The times I actually fall asleep here, was because I knew I could protect you if it was necessary, because I was in your presence, I can’t rest if I'm miles away."

I said with brutal honesty. Emily looks lovingly at me before she moved to the opposite edge of the bed, and lifted her blanket.

"Then sleep in my bed you need some sleep."

I look at her in surprise, I know we are mates, but until now we have not been in the same bed. And now she will allow me to sleep beside her, I see this as a sign that she has really accepted me as her mate. I give her a big smile before I take off my shoes and socks. But when I would lie down next to her, she raises her eyebrows.

"You want to sleep with your clothes on? Won’t it be uncomfortable?"

She asks, and I pull on the shoulders. 

"I wouldn’t exceed your hospitality."

Emily smiles and caresses my cheek gently.

"It's okay, you can take it off and sleep in your underwear. Your clothes also seem to need a wash."

She says fondly, and look I'm amazed off my clothes.

"I haven’t left your side since I came in here with you. I know your brother has been here with some clothes for both of us, but I haven’t had the energy to think about my appearance."

I'm telling her honestly, before I start taking my clothes off, so I finally just standing in my boxers. I see how Emily gaze down over me and how her cheeks blushes. Quickly I lift her duvet and slides in beside her and pulls her close to me.

"It's okay princess, I'm your mate you had the right to look at me, no need to be embarrassed. Hopefully in time you would see even more of me."

I say with a cheeky glint in my eye, and laugh out loud when Emily gets tomato red in the face, and sharpening.

"Lucas!"

I pull her even closer to me, and before I close my eyes I look deeply into her eyes and murmurs lovingly before I give her a gentle kiss.

"Thank you for coming back to me, I don’t know what I would have done without you."

Emily smiles lovingly back to me.

"I'm not leaving you yet."

"I don’t want you to leave me EVER."

I whisper quiet back and have another kiss from my lovely mate. Which leads me to relax because I know she's safe, and I feel sleep overcome me.