*Chapter 8* - First day of The Game

*Emilys P.O.V.*

That’s the way that I had now formed a common front with Malina. Next morning we walked down to the room where the breakfast was served, and right away Michael came over and put his arm around our shoulders, I thought I heard more than one growl, but when I looked around to find the sources, it was only Lucas who stared at me, I quickly pulled my gaze away and smiled up at Michael.

"Did you sleep well my two beauties?"

He asked with a teasing glance, and since we both nodded, he pulled us toward the table, where there were all sorts of breakfast products that we could supply us with. We then found a table where we all three could sit. Michael looked around before he leaned further into both of us and quietly said.

"I know I shouldn’t be doing this, but I promised dad to keep an eye on Malina in The Game, so is it possible that we can meet, let's say every third day a certain place?"

He asked, Malina looked annoyed.

"I don’t need a babysitter, I can take care of myself."

She was interrupted by Michael.

"This has nothing to do with baby-sitting, I just have to make sure you're okay, that you're safe and that no one is taking advantage of you. I will not meet with you for your sake, but for mine, I’m going mad if I have to go three weeks without knowing how you are. After we have met a few times, and if you still feel it is incredibly annoying, then we can stop meeting, I just need to get a peace of mind here in the beginning, please, sis."

He said imploringly, and Malina surrendered with a nod.

"What about 6 miles northeast from where we unleashed? In four days around noon."

She asks, and Michael nods. At that moment mr. Franz come into the room, and silence quickly follow.

"Now it's about time, if the women please follow me then we can get the game started."

We all stood up quickly, but when I was about to step out the door, I was seized by the arm, with a firm grip. I felt a breath in my ear, and heard so Lucas whispers.

"You might as well give up right away, I will not give up until I find you, and have made ​​you mine."

I looked at him in astonishment, but before I could say anything, Melissa, the judge who showed me to my room yesterday, came over to us, and with a gentle smile to me she said.

"Miss Dust you have to go outside."

**********

So now, here I stood, with 100 other women in our wolf form, we were all waiting for permission to run into the woods. When we got the ‘go’ I make sure Malina was with me, and ran in the opposite direction of everyone else. I didn’t really know why I choose to run this way, but I felt that this was the way I should go, so I listened to it. We ran until we heard the signal that signaled that the men were released, and achorus of howls sounded when they started the hunt. I quickly looked at Malina, and changed so did Malina, we pulled our clothes on that had been tied around our legs and took it on, and then I looked at her.

"Are you a good climber? We can travel through the trees, and by that confuse their wolves by letting our scents suddenly disappearing."

Malina nodded and smiled.

"I've always been kind of a tomboy so I have climbed trees since I was three, so let’s do it."

Quickly we climbed up into a three. The last hour we have been traveled from tree to tree. I heard a noise, and raised my hand signaling Malina to stop and be quiet, as we had agreed that this was what a raised fist meant. Malina looked questioningly at me and I nodded to the ground below us, where a gray wolf walk around and sniffed the ground, scent that it either had to be a beta or another higher ranked wolf, but it wasn’t one I knew. I looked questioningly at Malina who shrugged and shook her head, it wasn’t one she knew either. But as if her movements had given the wolf whereabouts of us, he lifted his nose in the air and it was obvious that he sniffed the air to find the scent he had picked up. A moment after, there stood a man instead of the wolf, and not just any man, but Malina's mate, I heard her gasp, which caused Sebastian to stiffen, he looked around bewildered, before he yelled with a jarring voice.

"Come out came little mate, I know you are very close, and I will not let you escape, now you don’t have the other guy hanging at you constantly, so this is my chance."

He was quit for a while, where he just looked around, then he angrily clenched hands, and yelled.

"Malina! Come out right now, I've got whereabouts of you and your little partner, even if you, against all odds, should escape me this time, I now know both your scents, and that knowledge I will use to my advantage. So now makes it easier for all of us and come out so we can talk."

The last was said in a pleading tone, and it was clear that he tried to sound commanding, but the only thing he really wanted was to have his mate beside him. I looked questioningly at Malina, and although I could see she was tempted she shook her head, and slowly began to climb to the next tree to get away from him. After one last look down on Sebastian who stood with slouching shoulders, I followed her.
Only too after a few minutes have to stop again, when I saw a large black wolf with white ear, on the ground, a wolf which I easily recognized as my mate. How was it possible that both Malina's and my mate had been able to find us this fast? It was the first day and they were already right behind us. Malina who perceived that I had stopped turned and looked at me questioningly, and I just nodded towards the ground, and after a quick look down Malina looked at me again, I nodded to her unspoken question, and Malina nodded understandable. And once again we sat completely still in the trees and looked down, but unlike Sebastian, Lucas doesn’t shift to human, but remained seated as his wolf. After about fifteen minutes without Lucas had moved, I started to look around confused and discovered that behind the trees where Lucas sat was a large lake, I kept this knowledge for future use, it might be necessary to come back here, if we didn’t find water elsewhere. My thoughts were interrupted when the gray wolf came through the trees, he stopped surprised when he saw Lucas, who had stiffened and stood up. Sebastian quickly changed, to show that he wasn’t a threat to the larger wolf, and after Lucas had seen who it was, he also shifted. Sebastian looked questioningly at him and asked.

"What on earth are you doing here? I mean, why are you just here, don’t you want to find your mate?"

Lucas smiled wryly and nodded.

"Of cause, I want to find my mate, and that's why I'm here, I've been chasing my mate in over 9 months now, so I know she's good to get away, but at some point she going to need something to drink to quench her thirst, and this lake, is the only water source in this area, so I'll wait for her."

Sebastian then nodding at him.

"That was smart. It sounds like you are well aware of who your mate is?"

Lucas nodded.

"It's Emily Dust, I may not have been confirmed by touching her, but I'm sure it's her, and I will not let her get away from me again, these three weeks are my chances to persuaded her to accept me as her mate."

Sebastian slapped him on the shoulder.

"I hope that you succeed my friend, I'm in the same situation. And I also thought that I was on the right track, but suddenly her scent disappeared, but at least I now know that she followed with another female which scent is fresh sea salt and grapeseed oil, and since I know that Malina's is coconut and pineapple, I ought to be able to find them now that I know that they are together."

I saw how Lucas stiffened before he again looked at Sebastian and asked.

"Fresh sea salt and grapeseed oil?"

And when Sebastian nodded, Lucas exclaimed.

"That's my mate's scent, where did you get whereabouts of them?"

"About 3 miles from the north."

Said Sebastian, Lucas looked surprised at him.

"To the north? What on earth are they doing up there? Of course Emily properly expect that I would look for her among all the others, and since it was clear that most had run south, I should have known that she would do the opposite."

He said little annoyed. Sebastian nodded in agreement.

"Yeah you're probably right. I followed Malina's scent all the way, but it disappeared, but sometimes there some distant scent that led this way, but it confused me as it should be much clearer."

Lucas began to nod before he froze and looked up at the trees, both I and Malin pushed toward the tree, to avoid being seen and heard Lucas exclaim.

"They move in the trees, that's why their scent disappears because they are in the trees."

Malina look terrified of me that he had figured it out, all the while we were just above their heads, we had no chance to get away, now that they both concentrated on treetops.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Picture of the forest lake at the side

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*