*Chapter 27* - Lean on me

A/N: Wow two chapters in one day. 

Please comment, I love every single comment you give its really makes my day, when a new comment come on one of my stories. 

*Emily's P.O.V.*

I woke up when Lucas crawled into bed next to me late at night a week later, which was becoming a habit. He only got to bed late at night, and most of the days he locked himself in his office and only came out at dinner times, to be a little with our pack.

"Sorry princess, I didn’t mean to wake you."

He murmured softly with his nose buried in my neck, I laid closer to him and caressed his hair that I knew he enjoyed before I muttered.

"Is everything okay honey?"

I ask.

"Yes, of course ..."

He begins, but I sit up and look seriously down on him.

"Stop it Lucas, you are absent and stressed. I am here for you, I'm your mate, and you should lean on me, or at least just talk to me about what's bothering you, but instead ..."

"You're my mate. Which means that I have to protect you, not make you concerned about the smallest things?"

Lucas exclaims stubbornly, and I can clearly see that he is not willing to involve me in his problems.

"Lucas, honey, you supposed to share your concerns with me, and we have to take care of our pack together. You don’t have to take care of all the problems alone, you can share them with me and we can work them out together. I know that you believe that you protect me by keeping the more serious things from me, but you're my mate, and I can feel that you are concerned, and that means I'm concerned. Please share your knowledge with me so I at least know what it is I should worry about. We can get through this honey, but you have to start to involve me, because right now I feel that I am just a sideshow in your life because you spend so much time away from me, and if I knew why I wouldn’t feel so abandoned."

This gets Lucas to turn on the light before he sits up in bed and pulls me close to him.

"Princess, no ... I didn’t mean for you to feel that way, you are the most important thing in my life. But right now there is just so much that I have to keep track of."

He says guilt that he has made me feel that way. But I have to get him to understand that he no longer have to go through all the problems alone, now he has me to share them with, and hopeful make it easier.

"I know it wasn’t, you are very protective of me, and I know that will not change. But I’m also there for you, I want you to share your problems with me, make them easier for you to handle. We are together in this, so let me be a part of that part of your life too."

Lucas tightens grip on me and bury once again head by my neck.

"Emi, you are my reason for living, the reason why my world revolves. And yes maybe you're right, maybe I should share it with you, but I want so much to protect you, and want you to be happy. But of cause if I tell you then you will know what’s going on if something should happen."

He mumbles, and I leans back a little to look up at him.

"I know it has to be something about the attacks against our and our neighbor's packs, but something must have happen, because you didn’t act like this in the beginning.”

I said with a questioning undertone, and after a little hesitation Lucas nodded.

"You're right, something has happened, the day before yesterday was the Star pack attacked by roughes. Fortunately they beat the roughes, but they lost 4 members. But unfortunately death is something that comes with any roughesattack. But what makes me worried is that the Star pack members recognized some of the roughes who attacked them, as former members of their own and neighboring packs. Which means they now begin to attack their old allies, and the problem is that any of the members who have left their pack, they know the battle strategies we have in the packs, and can use the knowledge against us."

I stiffen, this can be serious.

"They wouldn’t do that, would they? I mean go against their own like that?"

"We are no longer their own. Once they have left their packs, they are no longer required to protect us. Which is apparently the case here, since Hayens, the Star packs alpha tell that they were actually attacked in such a way that their defenses would have been useless if they hadn’t changed their approach after several of their best warriors had left the pack, and it was actually the warriors who led the roughes forefront at the attack. That’s what’s worrying me, the 8 members who have chosen to leave us was no prominent members, but they still know our strategy in attacks and if they pass on the knowledge ..."

He stops, but I know what goes through his head, if our opponents know our battle strategy, then the only logical conclusion will be us being slaughtered. I grab a hold of both his hands, and makes eye contact with him.

"Lucas, you said that the Star pack won over the roughes because the Star pack had changed their defenses, then can’t we do the same, have a defense that will take the roughes by surprise if they attack us?"

I asked, and I saw the pride in Lucas gaze as he looked down at me.

"Yes, that is what I been thinking to, but having to invent a whole new battle strategy that our members can learn quickly, is not straightforward, I have certainly not been able to find one."

He said as he ran his hand through the hair, I smiled wryly at him.

"That's what I mean by that you take everything on your shoulders, why not lean more on your pack, I know that you are the alpha, but alphas must also be able to listen to his pack members. And maybe there is one that you haven’t even considered, going around with a good idea to protect our pack. I mean it can’t hurt to involving them in what is going on. Then they also have a chance to prepare themselves for what to come. I don’t know what's going on, but I think that 'The Dark One' as The Moon Goddess warned us against, has something to do with this, so we have to be ready when he strikes."

Lucas nods, before he again turns off the light and pulls me back to him again.

"You're right princess, We will have a pack meeting tomorrow. But right now you need to sleep, and so do I. I love you princess, never forget that."

He murmured softly, before he pulled me completely into him and pulled the covers up around us.