EB 20: Where She Knows The Game

Endless Bonds Copyright © 2016-2018 xXMopelXx All Rights Reserved.

Chapter Posted - July, 28 2018

This one is a little short, but hope you still enjoy it! I'll keep you updated on my social medias with my teasers, so be sure to follow my wattpad profile, insta, twitter, pinterest! 

Happy Reading Bees <3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

C H E R

:: Chapter (20) :: Where She Knows The Game

Trenton needs a reality check.

As I walk out of the kitchen, I can feel him fast on my heels, breathing fire down my neck like a dragon and drilling holes in my back with his unyielding gaze.

Something is happening between us. I feel the dynamics shifting and, in all honesty, it scares the living daylights out of me.

He's acting like a fvcking caveman and I'm not here for it.

There's a soft look that enters his eyes sometimes when we're hanging out together, and I don't have the energy to figure out what that means. I mean, maybe I look at him like that, too? After all, he's my best friend and we're trying to find our way back to each other.

Maybe we already have.

His reaction was uncalled for...and so were some of the moments that occurred between us.

And moments like when he sleeps in my dorm room and nearly kisses me, when I'm over at his place and we nap, and when he gets annoyed and gives dirty looks to the other guys I'm friends with...Well, that puts us back a few blocks.

Everything else in between is perfect and platonic and us.

"Why do you care, Trent?"

"Because I do, dammit."

I shake that thought out of my head with great difficulty. I know that conversation will never leave me; it'll stay suppressed somewhere in the back of my head like the memory of a really shit dinner at a nice restaurant.

That thought leaves my stomach churning and my heart in a turmoil.

"Because I do, dammit."

A sixteen-year-old Cher would have dwelled over Trent's sentence. Picked apart every word and rearranged them in a way she'd like. A nineteen-year-old Cher can't afford to do so.

"Cheryl." I hear Trent's voice echoing behind me and I love how it calls out my name a little too much, all low and husky... But, I can't afford to look back at him either.

The look he pinned me with- all deep and burning - when I told him he couldn't say things like that is etched in my memory.

It's not going to leave me either.

I walk faster, but Trent's long strides tell me he's closing in rather quickly.

* * *

I find Tara with her tongue down Calvin's throat.

They're gathered around a group of people setting up a table for beer-pong. He's sitting on a dining chair and Tara's astride him, his arms around her and her fingers delved in his blond strands.