EB 45: Where He's Not A Saint

Endless Bonds Copyright © 2020 xXMopelXx All Rights Reserved.

Chapter Posted - May 15, 2020

Press the star button to vote if you're enjoying, please <3 If you don't already, follow me on social medias for chapter teasers. Thanks to everyone for always reading and supporting!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

T R E N T

:: Chapter (45) :: Where he's not a saint

It's Saturday morning and Coach Harvey has called a preliminary meeting at 10:00 am – because he's a fucking sadist – with the whole football team.

I feel sluggish, my body weighed down with the need to sleep. But sleep has evaded me completely since I argued with Cheryl Thursday night. I've felt like shit but pulled through with mere hours of slumber each night since then.

I'm giving her space and she seems to be doing fine with it. I already apologized but if she wants a few more days to fucking stew, so be it. I can give her that too.

I regret lashing out the way I did, but she doesn't seem to care. All my messages have been ignored.

She hasn't apologized to me either for her comments, but I'm trying to be the bigger person.

That's what you do when you love someone, is it not?

There's my truth. I fucking love Cheryl Anderson with every bit of my being.

We're all gathered in the locker room, no gear since pre-season hasn't begun. I'm leaning against a row of uncomfortable navy lockers, eying the chipped paint near the logo on the wall and counting down the imaginary minutes of this meeting.

Coach Harvey stands short in all his bald, lumber jack beard and golden tooth glory. "You're all probably wondering why I've called you here."

"No shit," Wyatt mumbles quietly from beside me, but not low enough because a string of laughter ensues.

Coach doesn't like that, so he smacks the clipboard against his thigh and demands silence. He's a mean sonofabitch, but he has helped a few alumni's get into the CFL and NFL, so know one disrespects him around here.

"As you know, per the rules of the university's sports association, athletes are subject to random drug testing for banned substances."

A chorus of groans and protests echo around. This is the first time he's asked for a drug test before the season has started and, as we know, he does have the right. However, no one wants to piss in a cup early morning.

My gaze drifts around, until I spot Calvin by the door, looking completely ashen. Suddenly, I know it doesn't have anything to do with lack of sleep.

Fuck. I resist the urge to pinch the bridge of my nose.

Wyatt, Calvin, and I exchange a look. We know...He's not going to pass the drug test.

Calvin tries to stay calm. But every second that goes by, I see him mentally digging his own grave, and Wyatt and I helping him pound the final nails in the coffin.

Coach is still talking while Calvin is spiralling in the corner of the room, without anyone but us three knowing what's about to happen.

"–Not only did one of you violate the association's rules, but you gave an interview with intel on the university's athletes' alcohol and drug consumption."