EB 40: Where she's ready to be with him

Endless Bonds Copyright © 2020 xXMopelXx All Rights Reserved.

Chapter Posted - April 10, 2020

This chapter is LONG - 13 pages and over 5k words - so I hope you enjoy. I've dropped a lot of Easter eggs in this one ;) Happy Reading, Bees <3 Leave me a vote, SVP! x

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

C H E R 

:: Chapter (40) :: Where she's ready to be with him

December 29th

"You've got the most gorgeous tan; I'm so jealous of you."

I continue stirring sugar into my teacup, smiling at Tara's wistful tone. "Thank you, babe – nothing a self-tanner can't achieve for yourself."

"Ugh. Can I have a cool mom that plans trips to Cuba so we can lay piss-drunk at a resort together?"

Laughing, I take a sip of my raspberry-chai. "Your mom's pretty cool, too."

She harrumph as she peruses the menu. We all know she's going to crave something with chocolate and bananas.

I came back to Vancouver two days ago and while I was still jet-lagged, I needed to see my friends. We'd decided to go to Le Petit Moulin for late-night coffee with Teagan, who'd returned home just as I was leaving on vacation.

Teagan's currently perched by the counter, having a conversation with one of her future co-workers. She told us now that she was back, she'd be sharing a place with Elsie and working here until she figured out what to do with her life.

"Noah is so cute," I tell Tara – he's the tall ginger guy Teagan has been occupied with for the last ten mins.

Tara doesn't look up from the menu. "He's gay. I learned the hard way."

"Oh, my God," I gasp. "There's a story there."

"Not one you'll be hearing any time soon."

Teagan's already sauntering back with a huge plate of chocolate banana cream pie.

"Yes, gimmie." Tara extends her hands. "I've got my periods. I need."

Teagan gently deposits the plate on our table. "Since they're closing soon and Elsie likes to make a fresh batch of this every morning, Noah says we can have the rest. On the house."

She pulls out three spoons and we start to dig-in. Tara is making embarrassing moaning sounds as she feeds the monster inside of her. "That's what I'm talking about. Did you have to flirt with Noah to get this? Because he's gay, you know. I already shot my shot at him and nada. We play for different teams."

Teagan smacks Tara's arm. "Of course, I know he's gay. Just because I'm having a conversation with the opposite gender, doesn't mean I want to fuck them."

I lick my spoon and go back for another bite. "True. So, Teagan. Spill. What happened to the blond?"

Teagan's eyes sparkle as she laughs – and it's so refreshing because she hasn't done a whole lot of it lately – and twirls her strands between fingers adorned with a bunch of rings. "Oh, I got tired of it. Wanted to go back to my natural roots. New beginnings and shit."

I nod at her. She's always had the best hair out of all of us. So long, luscious and healthy.

"I for one am sad you colored it again. We could have been blondes together," Tara teases.